I saw a car get creamed by a tram on saturday

Clever Pun
Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
well the result of it anyway, police and ambulance were there attending to the trashed car.

It had run the red light and the tram took the back of it out so the driver was ok from what I could see.

It's just indicative of cars today driving round like they own the roads running reds or accelerating into the amber.
I've seen cars mount the pavement, drive at night without lights, reverse the wrong way up the one way streets, they never indicate their intentions. because they are too busy on their mobile phones
I've even seen them run people down... it's a disgrace

Something needs to be done about this menace on our roads
Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
Fixed Pista- FCN 5
Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14

Comments

• They're a highly dangerous bunch of radicals, motorists. Using that form of transport, in cities, in this day and age. Madness!

Many of them don't have insurance or pay the VED. None of them pay any road tax.

If you have an accident with one, it's highly likely they'll get off lightly.

They drive very dark cars at dusk, with no hi-vis on them. I've never seen any of them wearing helmets.

I think it's time the roads were reclaimed for us!
    I've forgotten my PIN for the pain barrier.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    ...and they're ALWAYs parking on the pavements :lol:
  • I saw (from a motorway bridge) people driving more than two abreast the other day.
    I've forgotten my PIN for the pain barrier.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Not really the right thread but anyway. I was riding with my mates on Saturday in Richmond Park when two of them dropped off the back of our little foursome. We ended up waiting several minutes for them and when they turned up, they revealed that a driver had fallen asleep at the wheel, crossed over to the other side of the road and a girl riding towards him had had to throw herself onto the grass verge to avoid being squashed! Terrifying.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    this thread is ok for drivers asleep at the wheel... they are a scourge on our green and pleasant land
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Bloody hell, that's really scary! Asleep at the wheel on a motorway, or on a long straight road in America or Australia, not excusable but I suppose understandable, but in Richmond? It's not like you don't have anything to do whilst driving around there!

:shock:
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Bloody hell, that's really scary! Asleep at the wheel on a motorway, or on a long straight road in America or Australia, not excusable but I suppose understandable, but in Richmond? It's not like you don't have anything to do whilst driving around there!

:shock:

They must have driven around for hours looking for a starbucks. :roll: