Windy Ride (MTB) - All Mountain Video

AndreXTR
AndreXTR Posts: 64
edited September 2008 in MTB general
Hello from Portugal.

This is my new mountainbike video on local singletracks. The video was not intended to be an extreme MTB video because not everyone is a Downhill racer, not everyone is a XC racer, 99% of us are just mountainbikers... So we just ride for fun :wink:

HIGH QUALITY VIMEO:

http://vimeo.com/1633821

LOW QUALITY YOUTUBE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwQbmxyeOE4

Hope you like it! Props from Portugal :D

Comments

• Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Good quality, lovely looking trials too.. Thought the 2nd half was better as they seemed to be going faster :lol:
    The bit where they come down the side of a some rocks with 1 large 1 in the middle, that'd be the kinda bit where everyone rides down, but I'd just jump off.. Just to see if I can make it :lol:
    Was surprised one of the riders didn't do it..
  • teacherman
    teacherman Posts: 454
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Good quality, lovely looking trials too.. Thought the 2nd half was better as they seemed to be going faster :lol:
    The bit where they come down the side of a some rocks with 1 large 1 in the middle, that'd be the kinda bit where everyone rides down, but I'd just jump off.. Just to see if I can make it :lol:
    Was surprised one of the riders didn't do it..

Know what you mean but don't forget how much video flattens things. That still looked reasonably challenging so is probably quite hard. But yeah there is a launch it line through the middle :lol:
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • AndreXTR
    AndreXTR Posts: 64
    What is the time in video of the rock part you're talking about?

Yes, the video flattens a lot !! The trail look much more easy in video than in reality... I think that there are some filming technics to show the real steepness of the terrain but i'm very amateur, and I don't have much equipment... Does anyone know how to build a home-made cable cam with some rope and duck tape? lol :D
  • Good vid and liking those trails. I have vague memories of dry dusty trails :(
  • Dry? Dusty? I have heard tell of such things but thought they were legends!! :?
    My Build is almost complete - I just need some wheels and pedals!
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    That's a really nice video Andre, the rocky bits looked especially good fun.

You're making me want to book a flight now.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Quality vid man! Lovely looking trails as people have said!
  • Yeah, i found myself just wishing i had trails like that locally.
  • Yes, the terrain in Portugal is very often dry and dusty. The video was filmed last month, in summer, it's hot and the grass is dry. In winter he have more mud, some rain and the landscape is green...

But I know that in England it rains very often... Mud is fun, but too much I guess it's became boring :? and it destroys the transmission of the bike quicker ! Here our chains can last up to 4.000km (2500miles). :D

Props to UK :) and good muddy rides :lol: