Coda disc brakes

hayesy03
hayesy03 Posts: 404
edited January 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Could anyone tell me what kit i could use to bleed a set of coda discs?
> insert decent signature here <

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    a clear hose.

Which codas? year....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • its a 2000
    > insert decent signature here <
  • nicklouse
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Hi, the Cannondale website has instructions which look good enuf, but I have 2 further queries:

I want to add oil to the rear brake - the adjuster is screwed in 100% but the pads still don't contact the rotor. I've been using the same oil for the last 10 years and the brakes work great - the volume has been decreasing year by year - possibly a small leak but no evidence seen, but now is the time to remedy.

Can I just add some mineral oil? Or do I need to empty 100% and refill.

What equipment do I use? The brake and lever have standard grease nipple fittings but I have no idea who makes syringes with this fitting.

Can anyone clue me in? Thanks a lot!
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • nicklouse
    I would be giving the brakes a full bleed as they mineral oil does not absorb any water "pools" in they system (at the lowest points) and can corrode parts.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Thanks a lot, what's the best sort of mineral fluid to use in the UK?

I'm 80 kgs and use the bike for x-c only. There's a lot of talk about light weight oil to aid pad recoil. Does light oil transfer heat quicker?

cheers
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.