One of my former pupils

teacherman
teacherman Posts: 454
edited August 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I used to teach this little Apollo MTB. He was one of the thickest kids I have ever tried to teach to string a sentence together.

He was in my football team as well. He used to go out of his way to hurt opponents. We had to stop picking him even though he was so talented he could have turned pro - York City let him go because he was a psycho.

You look back and think - what the hell could we have done different to help him.

He is going to kill someone one day. I taught Benson as well. Thing is he wouldn't dare do anything without Cookie to back him up. Little Tall Scary Northern Lass.

http://www.thepress.co.uk/news/3633590.Justice_at_last/
I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf

Comments

• There's nothing you could've done mate. Not a thing. Sociopaths abound in modern British society. There's a million different theories about reasons why and a million more about solutions. Don't get me started, I could go on all night, and it wouldn't do much for my self-enforced sobriety. Liberal namby pamby do-gooders have ruined this country.
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    teacherman wrote:
    I used to teach this little Apollo MTB. He was one of the thickest kids I have ever tried to teach to string a sentence together.

He was in my football team as well. He used to go out of his way to hurt opponents. We had to stop picking him even though he was so talented he could have turned pro - York City let him go because he was a psycho.

You look back and think - what the hell could we have done different to help him.

He is going to kill someone one day. I taught Benson as well. Thing is he wouldn't dare do anything without Cookie to back him up. Little Tall Scary Northern Lass.

http://www.thepress.co.uk/news/3633590.Justice_at_last/

I found the article interesting, particularly the comment at the bottom about the guy with the heart condition he nearly killed, that it wasn't his fault his victim had a heart condition so that was why he wasn't sent to jail.

Yet I thought the legal principle was that it didn't matter about your victim, it was the crime itself, so if you stabbed a haemophiliac and they bled to death, that was murder/manslaughter, you wouldn't just say it was there fault they were susceptible to bleedin' to death. Ditto for stabbing a JW who then dies because they refuse a transfusion, which I believe has occured. You couldn't just claim it was there fault for dying?

Anway seems to me your former pupil will be getting his own prison wing named after him he'll probably spend most of his life locked up. Pity about the people he'll maim, kill batter and so on, on the way, but the legal system doesn't care about details like that, does it?
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • He's unchangeable. He'll end up either an IPP for further violence, or a mandatory lifer for murder. He will find out though, when he's inside, that there will always be someone bigger, harder and far far nastier than he is. He'll be a very small fish in a very big pond, and he will be swimming with some evil sharks.
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...