Buying advice please? (Hardtails - Kraken / Fury etc)

jmillen
jmillen Posts: 627
edited August 2008 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

I've been browsing the forums now and thought I'd join to say hi and get involved in some posting.

I currently own a Carrera Kraken (2005 model I think?, silver and blue with cable discs) and I'm looking to upgrade. I've been down to Halfords and looked at the new '08 Kraken which for the price seems like a good buy. But the Carrera Fury has come to my attention, it seems to have a large amount of good reviews for the components used and wondered if this would be recommended by you guys and gals?

I'm sure you will ask where the bike will be used? Generally on cycle tracks / off road, and up on Dartmoor etc. I am by no means an expert rider, but know how to handle a bike. I won't however be doing jumps off various rocks etc. (Not deliberately anyway).

I've noticed people also recommending GT's etc, my main question I guess really is this....Is an upgrade worth while or am I wasting my money? From what I've seen the new Kraken and also the Fury are considerably better than what I currently have...

Any thoughts and/or comments much appreciated
James
2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
2014 De Rosa R848
Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter

Comments