So you love MTBiking / cycling..... what else?

pedal-pony
pedal-pony Posts: 33
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Me:

Horse riding and playing the drums

what are your other hobbies? or does MTB and riding the world take up most of your free time - interested to see what other fellow bikers enjoy.

PONY

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Sleeping, drinking, playing darts and posting a lot on this forum. Oh, and eating ;-)
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Biking pretty much takes up all my spare time at the moment, use to be into clay shooting and computers before :D
  • Power kite-ing (living next to one of the flattest and biggest beaches in the country i might as well) along with a bit of fell walking and checking out national trust tites n stuff :) s'long as its outdoors i'm not too fussed :)
  • Rugby, a bit of golf, going out with mates, eating, sleeping, gaming (although I'm not someone who sits on there all day everyday :lol:) :D
  • Mastineo
    Mastineo Posts: 182
    Photography, computers, bulldogs, reptiles
  • supersonic
    I must be getting tired, I read that as 'bullfrogs' at first!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    running, music, technology, reading, gaming.
  • Anonymous
    Oh, and sleeping, I really like sleeping.
  • supersonic
    I sleep loads, like a good 12 hours a day!
  • Anonymous
    i love lamp
  • GTi-R23
    GTi-R23 Posts: 175
    Cars (I'm a fully qualified mech although thats not what I do for a living) trying to sort out a track day project car with a good mate of mine over the winter which should be interesting, I play football at least once a week (5 a-side), golf, snooker, gaming (PS3), love my music, think i'm slowly turning into a bit of a fitness freak but not sure how long that will last as i love my food too much!

PS How do you manage to sleep 12 hours a day?! I wish I had that much time to sleep :cry:
  • Mastineo wrote:
    Photography, computers, bulldogs, reptiles

What kind of reptiles? I used to have some cool lizards, then snakes, not any more though.

Apart from biking, which never gets boring, snowboarding - not as easy to find time for - last time I went was way too long ago, but going March 2009 with son (he's skiing). Have my eye on a freebord, they look incredibly cool. Maybe next year...
    Used to do a fair bit of photography, but not for a while.
    Still have a ZRX1100 sitting on the drive, if it doesn't sell, maybe I'll be back on it sometime - almost as good as MTBing
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Well believe it or not, I love working, but mostly because I get cranky if I dont do something all day, and I cant ride all the time.
    But I also love my bees (Yes, I'm a beekeeper) and being stung to sh!t is all part of the fun.
    Love walking in the countryside, abit of jogging every now n then and photography when I get the time..

NOTHING beats being on my bike though, it's a perfect cure for just about anything that exists on this earth, to me anyway.
  • Biking in any way shape or form, RUGBY!, alcomohol (lots of), going out with mates, spending time with girlfriend, a couplel of hours sleep a day (though only had 6 since wednesday and been working all day every day and drinking both nights), camping, hiking, being outside, and fixing up my car in time for driving the damn thing
  • helingen
    helingen Posts: 25
    Gliding, hiking, photography...
  • Snowboarding and photography here too!
  • Wife (gorgeous). Kids (difficult). Food (mediterranean). Wine (red). Photography (Pentaxian). Music (all kinds, but mainly rock and metal). Football (the mighty Championship pub team that is Doncaster Rovers). Hillwalking. Spain. Tattoos.
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...
  • supersonic
    A donny fan! Lad on our street used to play for them.
  • supersonic wrote:
    A donny fan! Lad on our street used to play for them.

Ooooh, pray tell!

• supersonic
    Simon Marples. Think he plays for Chester now. Used to have a kick about on the school field with him!
  • Marps? Now there was a quality right back, he could catch pigeons that fella! Tell him from me that he remains a favourite ex-player for many a Rovers fan. Very highly thought of, by a lot of fans, but especially from the Mainstand Gobshites (the group of nutters that used to stand behind the away bench and harangue the away team's manager and substitutes at Belle Vue!). It just ain't the same at the new place...

• supersonic
    Aye, old Marps! Think he has moved out now, his parents still there though, and see him turn up in a new car every month or so lol.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    fettling with my bike, working for my new bike, horse riding if i get chance with some friends, scottish highers
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • football, sleeping, food, cars, films, music and reading autobiographies
  • Cps
    Cps Posts: 356
    windsurf
    wakeboard
    wakesurf
    photography
    golf

travel the world and help those worse off than myself

'oops' thats the miss world pitch :):)
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Surfing, trail running, weights, martial arts, ignoring football, decent wine (not necessarily expensive), larking about in/behind our little speedboat, walking or running the dog - soon to all stop as baby due in three weeks!
  • Camping..Hiking..Climbing..Martial arts..Motorbikes..music..
  • dave_
    dave_ Posts: 7
    edited September 2008
    hmm... snowboarding, snowkiting, power kiting, kiteboarding, off road driving, ice skating and squash :wink: i also enjoy photgraphing my mates trying to hurt themselves :twisted: DSCF1072.jpg
  • White Water Kayaking, Play in the Regional Canoe Polo matches, Electric Guitar, Radio Controlled Plane's.
    Dont own an Xbox or PS2
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    Spending time with my girlfriend comes first but other than that I am very lucky in that she shares some of my hobbies and just lets me get on with others;

sailing,
    motorbikes,
    windsurfing,,
    snowboarding/skiing,
    taking photos (but i wouldnt really call what I do photography),
    games,

and probably last but not least (and you can call me sad if you like) to de-stress i still build plastic models, but highly detailed ones at that...