Upped my Game

prj45
prj45 Posts: 2,208
edited August 2008 in Commuting chat
I had started riding home all the way along the Embankment a while ago (from Upper Thames street by monument, down to Cheyne Walk, then up through Fulham, Hammersmith and onto West London).

I used to come in via Hyde Park.

However, they shut Constitution Hill recently so I diverted to going into work via Embankment as well.

And you know what, I've found that it might be two miles longer (14 instead of 12), but it takes the same amount of time overall (57 mins door to door this morning), and I'm properly enjoying the change of scenery (and great scenery it is too).

What's more, my fitness has gone through the roof (legs still wanting more after my 28mph dash along Victoria Embankment) and I've lost another three pounds in three weeks (don't worry, plenty left!).

I think we should have a London wide "go the long way round" day where we all just go right off our tracks and see what we find.

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I've started using small weights again for my upper body (only dumbells of about 10kg each) and doing presses and curls, etc. Seems to have improved my fitness, though I dont do it for racing