Entering a new world..... MTB!

pedal-pony
pedal-pony Posts: 33
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
So I finally decided (after lots of kind help and advice from MTBikers / Cyclist enthusiasts on this board) that the: GT AVALANCHE 2.0 DISC is the bike for me.....

Im a beginner, 20 something 5.4 female - hoping to do longer distances on the weekend (with a cycle club), and off-road / track / hills / rough terrain - hence my need for a HARDTAIL MTB.

Ive always biked, I love cycling to work etc and am looking forward to slightly harder riding, tracks/hills - holidays away.

What do you think?

Good choice of entry level MTB? I cant wait to test her out. I know I could spend the extra £100 on the AVALANCHE 1.0Disc, (because its a better frame to build upon), however I think that I will save the extra money and put it towards extras.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Well, you know what I am going to say! For the money probably the best bike on the market.

Now go and get muddy and post some pics!
  • 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    I hope you didn't buy this years model, that would have been a big mistake Lots of people make the mistake of buying the latest model and are miss sold bikes by bike shops who are only out to make a quick buck.
    If you had researched the bike you would have found out that last years model had much faster paint and would have been a more enjoyable ride.
    Only joking, hope that got your heart rate up a bit.
    Good choice, I've recomended them to quite a few friends at work who are just getting into MTB and they all love them. I've ridden a few and they do really well.
    Enjoy it, get out then get out a bit more and then do some of the established trail centres. The ones in Wales are the best as we have them watered everyday.