Boo! No commute for a couple of days...

phil_ss1
phil_ss1 Posts: 194
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
Popped a spoke on the way in and ended up with a 5mm or so out of true wheel.

LBS currently rebuilding wheel as they replaced the busted spoke and then then next one went, togther with a number of nipples round off :( Sounds like they are at the end of their lifespan. My back wheel does take some punishment.

Off the bike for a couple of days, jealously watching 'the gang' commuting in thinking how many of them I'd have dropped.

Phil

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    this is why you should have 2 bikes :D
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    3 bikes, you say? What a sterling idea!
  • Yes, everyone should have 4 bikes!
    John Stevenson
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    5 bikes, who would have less i say
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    But even six or seven bikes is no guarantee, I mean, I have eight but can't ride any of those nine as I'm recovering from illness. Roll on Sunday though and I'll pick one from my ten for a gentle pootle.
    Today is a good day to ride
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...of all the things that can break ,or go wrong on a bike, I find a broken spoke the most irritating for some reason...really, really bugs me until it's fixed... :x :(:cry:
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Redmog
    Redmog Posts: 50
    yes sir, that would be a special stainless steel flat bladed Shimano spoke. I don't believe we can get one of those until aaah, the middle of September. so I wound up buying a whole new wheel, just to get me home. :shock:

I suppose I should have got any whole new bike. . .
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Only 4 working bikes to choose from.

I feel deprived...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Pity me then now down to 1 bike :( Geared bike is now being ridden by somebody else after I sold it as I needed the space on top of the wardrobe. Don't laugh it is the only space big enough I had spare to put a bike other than where No1 bike lives, which will soon become bike 1.5 when the new frame comes in the next fortnight :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • phil_ss1
    phil_ss1 Posts: 194
    Got the wheel back.

Looks nice.

Only thing was they built it with silver (normal) spokes not the black ones it went in with!

They said they were stronger and if I wanted black ones I should have asked for the them!!! :shock:

Still they reduced the £45 charge down to £20 as a gesture of good will! ! 8)

Anyway, bike back together now, just in time for the rain

Phil
  • New wheel is ok, runs true, nice to back chasing down the players.

Took Clever Pun's advice bought a second bike today....

Felt F5C ! ! ! 8)

Just waiting for it to arrive.

Phil