2009 Scott Spark 120mm...WHY????

iamwhoiam
iamwhoiam Posts: 10
edited September 2008 in XC and Enduro
Anyone know why the 2009 Scott Sparks are 120mm up front for anything under the RC model?? Seems like a bit much travel for an XC race bike. Was serioulsy considering replacing my scale with one for this year but now I ain't so sure....

Comments

• xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I think the Spark it's more like a marathon bike not an XC bike.
    It's still good for XC racing, but on short distances I think you need a Scale.
  • Yeah, just did the Transrockies on the Scale! It's just the 120mm up front seems like over kill. I'm looking for something that can deal with the really rough terrain but bot a couch!. The back end of the scale just ends up beating the crap out of me on the long rough stuff or really rooty singletrack!
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    There's a 100mm travel Giant Anthem coming for 2009.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Chaka Ping wrote:
    There's a 100mm travel Giant Anthem coming for 2009.

Mmmmm Anthem x i want one!
  • icedmind
    icedmind Posts: 206
    the anthem advance remains on 80mm :D as a race bike
    08 Swork Stumpy FSR with 3 brains
    "2Brains. A Singletrack Mind ", from specialized <<<suppose if the rider doesnt have one
  • Bighead
    Bighead Posts: 260
    Are you are the frame only? I Emailed Scott on the issue and they said it is designed to be used with forks between 80-120mm. I noticed the rrp price of the Spark 10 frame has increased from £1950 to £2300 so I am now wondering if I should get one of the last 2 remaining Spark 10 2008 frames (I want to fit new SID WC). I cant actually ride it till those new Formula R1 brakes come out though so I am in a bit of a predicament also.
  • I think Frame only is the way to go. I usually end up reaplacing everything anywway!