Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

why is it that....

Harry BHarry B Posts: 1,239
edited September 2008 in The bottom bracket
my muddy old MTB which is used and abused doesn't have a single scratch on it whilst my gleaming lovingly looked after road bike has scatches all over it's beautiful carbon body :(:(:(

• whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,247
    Because the MTB's covered in a protective layer of mud?
  • DavidBelcherDavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Harry B wrote:
    my muddy old MTB which is used and abused doesn't have a single scratch on it whilst my gleaming lovingly looked after road bike has scatches all over it's beautiful carbon body :(:(:(

Maybe the MTB has a powder-coated frame rather than conventional paint? Tough as old boots, but a pig to remove if you ever fancy a respray.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • maybe the mountain bike bites the road bike when you are not looking?
  • Harry BHarry B Posts: 1,239
    maybe the mountain bike bites the road bike when you are not looking?

Road bike lives in nice warm house, MTB is shoved into cold dark garage. I reckon MTB could be coming in the house whilst I'm at work and giving road bike a kicking :?
  • Johnny GJohnny G Posts: 348
    Maybe the MTB has a powder-coated frame rather than conventional paint? Tough as old boots, but a pig to remove if you ever fancy a respray.
    David

Too right David. I reckon Rourkie's hated me when they resprayed my old tourer last winter. They told me they had to torch the old powder coat off because sand blasting didn't touch it.
  • Harry B wrote:
    Road bike lives in nice warm house, MTB is shoved into cold dark garage. I reckon MTB could be coming in the house whilst I'm at work and giving road bike a kicking :?

uhuh, I've heard they can be territorial, i have a similar problem with one of mine and none of the others in the room will admit to random attacks.
    i reckon yours is jealous too ... bringing him in from the cold might not solve the problem.
  • Harry BHarry B Posts: 1,239
    Harry B wrote:

uhuh, I've heard they can be territorial, i have a similar problem with one of mine and none of the others in the room will admit to random attacks.
    i reckon yours is jealous too ... bringing him in from the cold might not solve the problem.

I'm getting another MTB in a couple of weeks (sorry :oops: ). The current MTB is being relegated to Pub Bike. Christ know's how that will go down :shock:
  • ride_wheneverride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Has anyone ever been killed by their MTB? :shock:
  • Has anyone ever been killed by their MTB? :shock:

premeditated hmmmm I've been thrown by mine, quite deliberately i thought.
    Harry B wrote:
    I'm getting another MTB in a couple of weeks (sorry ). The current MTB is being relegated to Pub Bike. Christ know's how that will go down:

err....get one of those plants skooshers....or clicker training........ bike borstal?
  • Has anyone ever been killed by their MTB? :shock:

A friend of mine was thrown by his MTB in Llandegla then the nasty [email protected]$ker jumped on his neck :shock: He had concussion and hardly ever rides now.

He should never have called the damn thing Christine....that's just asking for trouble IMO
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity