Well that was interesting!

RichardFcp
RichardFcp Posts: 155
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
Went out on a nice little circuit of two loops which give me 25k this afternoon . Nice mixture of quiet lanes, rolling roads and a lung buster at the end. On the 2nd loop halfway up the lung buster and 10 minutes from home I puncture. Damn local farmers are doing their hedges so there are thorns everywhere. Oh well. Wheel off. Open seat pack. Spare tube? Check. Tyre levers? Check. Pump? Check. Tyre off and inner tube out. Can't see anything so let's pump her up and see where the hole is. Grab pump. Hold on, something looks wrong here. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The business end of the pump isn't there anymore so nothing to attach to the valve.. God knows when or where it unscrewed itself and fell off. Might have been lost on a couple of European trips even. Haven't used it since I last punctured in June.

Had to call the Mem'sab for a rescue. Mem'sab not happy with me now. May be sleeping with the dogs tonight. :cry:

Comments

• david 142
    david 142 Posts: 227
    Well its better than sleeping with the hedge...
    but - havent you ever heard of chocolate - NOW is the time!
  • ris
    ris Posts: 392
    chocolate is a good start. i'm not above some begging.

only cook if the results are worth it, trying to say sorry with burnt offering may not help.