Summer? What summer?

Liam-rooney
Liam-rooney Posts: 159
edited September 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Where has the sun gone?
Im in my School Holidays now and I have got about 1 and a half weeks left now and I have to admit that this is the worst summer I have ever had! We have only had about a week of sun in about 5 weeks! And I bet that as soon as I get back to school It wll be lovely and hot with sun all day and I will be stuck in a classroom bored,

why is the weather so bad?
_________________________________________________________________________________________
NS Holy 2009 :D
Saving for Full Sus...

Comments

• Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    ...but the surf has been great! Best summer for it in years... :D
  • Yukon Lad
    Yukon Lad Posts: 423
    the rain is a bit rubbish but once you get as wet as you can be then it don't matter, riding in the rain is great apart from if its windy cos that when it gets cold and miserable

yukon lad
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Been lovely down south, only two wet rides in months, I blame the parents!
  • I live in Cornwall, Its been sunny today but i have just had my booster injection and i have an extremely numb painful arms so i cant go out :(

P.s
    what do you mean "I blame the parents"?
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Saving for Full Sus...
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    It's been wet and sweaty today, rode to work and back again and was dripping sweat. Don't think it was that warm, just very high humidity.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    not been too bad in the south. until recently when it hasnt stopped raining!!
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    stumpyjon wrote:
    It's been wet and sweaty today, rode to work and back again and was dripping sweat. Don't think it was that warm, just very high humidity.

Indeed, its not been a summer.

It's just been a big mugfest! Cloudy and muggy pretty much everday this "summer", or really windy which sucks for riding.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Yeah that was the other bad thing about yesterday, head wind all the way to work :evil:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
    topo Posts: 3,104
    When its blazing hot then riding is horrible, its still warm now just cloudy. We had an alright few weeks in spring and im pretty glad i booked to go away in the sun for 2 weeks.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The spring was really nice though, much, much nicer than "summer"
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    what do you mean "I blame the parents"?

Well its their fault where you live!

Explain this to them and give it the big guilt trip about how you could catch pneumonia, end up with trench foot etc, then insist they buy you ££££'s worth of quality waterproofs! :lol:
  • well, thats a good idea although it wont work, (i will try anyway!)
    Saving for Full Sus...
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Life rule number one - justify all item requests with claims of safety enhancement.
  • Off to Spain soon for my summer holidays and a bit of proper sunshine. I concur, this summer's been ghastly.
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    ive had a brill summer up here :D pretty nice and hot, rained a little so good for the trails but pretty good but i am now back at school :(
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • it was the worst summer ever over here, it felt like christmas and now i am in the mood for christmas lol.
    ♥I don't know were i would be without Elvis he is my life♥
    ♥If it wasn't for Shawn or Justin i wunt be happy agen♥
  • it was the worst summer ever over here, it felt like christmas and now i am in the mood for christmas lol.

Its christmas without the presents...
    Saving for Full Sus...