iPhone 3G woes

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
Sigh - Anyone else at their wits end with theirs?

Functionality is great. Brilliant bit of kit but the battery life is so dire. I charge it fully first thing in the morning, train journey to work (1 hour using iPod functionality), sit at desk for 9-10 hours (checking gmail on it a couple of times an hour - via wifi), 1 hour commute (again iPod functionality) and by the time I get home there is less than 20% battery left.

Meanwhile I charged my work Crackberry on Tuesday and it was still going strong yesterday.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    It sounds like you're not really using the 3G... If not, turn it off. It will destroy your battery life. People complain about N95s only lasting a day, even when they're only lightly using it, but mine will last nearly a week when I'm only using it because 3G, bluetooth etc are firmly switched off.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    My N95 burns batteries hugely when using Wifi - you can feel the heat off the battery.
    If i use the 3G instead of the wifi - it lasts much longer - so I think its your Wifi thing thats really using up the battery ?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    cougie wrote:
    My N95 burns batteries hugely when using Wifi - you can feel the heat off the battery.
    If i use the 3G instead of the wifi - it lasts much longer - so I think its your Wifi thing thats really using up the battery ?
    Same for me, but it sounds like he's using the Wifi as something he needs. No point forgoing something you need in order to get longer life, but if you can turn off something you're not using and save the battery that way, it's a lot more worth it.