Wellylass89
Wellylass89 Posts: 3
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
Hello all!
Just to let everyone know Im new to the forum and pretty new to mountain biking too! I used to do alot as a child but then sort of drifted off into other things. I have now realised how much I enjoy biking thanks to a staff training day at work, where we spent the day biking in Dalby forest in Yorkshire and I loved every minuite of it! I ve draged the boyfriend out on a few rides too and it's been great fun. Went on a five mile ride this morning which was lovely in the sunshine!

Just a few questions...
Where is the best place to buy helmets from?
Also the what are the best types of comfortable trousers to wear?

Sorry for the silly questions but this is all quite new to me!

Regards
Sarah.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Hi

helmets, goto your LBS (Local Bike Shop) & get one that fits properly

Padded shorts, or different saddles can help in the comfort Dept.

Also small adjustments to the saddle angle can make quite a difference.

Have you got a women's specific saddle? you may find it more comfy.

Again goto your LBS & ask if you can try some of the saddles in the shop, everyone's arse is different, so my fave saddle may well not be someone else's.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • I ve got a comfy ladies saddle at the moment which is good. I was thinking more comftable as trousers go as something that won't make me too hot ect?

Yes I do plan to go and get my helmet fitted at my LBS.

Thanks for the advice Andy.

Regards Sarah.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Lycra shorts with padding worn under your normal shorts/trousers might help.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Cate ... oryID=1018
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • i'd definitely try on your helmet before you buy from your local bikeshop.
    You can buy riding specific trousers but anything that breathes well and is a relatively tight fit (loose trousers rip on chain-sets easily). My personal preference is to ride in shorts and if its cold wear lycra stile compression trousers or knee warmers.
    "don't worry, I'm half Scottish"
  • Goggle local shops, then go and try everything first, once you have found what you want, buy it all off of the web, somewhere like www.wiggle.com as it's always cheaper!

enjoy your biking. If your anything like me you'll end up a garage full of little bits and bobs for you and the bike, loads of fun!