I hear that Polar one's are good.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/s/Cycle/7/polar_computer

Comments

• bryan71
    bryan71 Posts: 89
    I have a polar they are very good.
  • vanliga
    vanliga Posts: 2
    Here is some information about Polar heart rate monitors. They are probably the best.
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    HRM are very useful. I bought a cheap one from Wiggle. It simply gives you average, max and current rate. It is OK and has satisfied my initial needs. I would like to upgrade to one that keeps a record of the rate during a session and you can download. But like all things, once you begin to examine the options, you realise that for a little bit more you get more facilities. I have not yet made my final decision, but am interested in Polar ones.

In summary, I would suggest that as a newcomer to HRM, that you could achieve and meet your immediate needs with a cheap one that simply tells you what your current rate is.
  • I would recommend Polar. I use a 520i, it doubles as a cycle computer as well ! you can check the web for prices, but if ur goin stateside get a Garmin 705(good exchange rate and all that). Enjoy.
    dsc00020qd8.th.jpg
  • chill123
    chill123 Posts: 210
    I have and can recommend the
    Polar CS300.
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I prefer the look of the Suunto range, the T3c in particular. Does anyone have any feedback on them? Thanks
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    Garmins are great if you want the additional stuff the GPS/altimeter/route recording brings. They are more flaky and have _much_ poorer battery life than a Polar pure HR monitor will though. I had a Garmin 305 and now a 705 and TBH I'd be lost without the thing, I got very itsy when the 305 broke and stopped recording my rides.