Lidl cycle cpu with hrm

STEFANOS4784
STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
edited September 2008 in Road beginners
Hi all i bought one of these but close to smashing it as i cant set it up, any-one got any tips, specifically how far from the rim does the sensor need to be from the rim/hub, also which way round the hrm sensor goes, sorry to be such a muppet :oops: :wink:

Comments

• stueyc
    stueyc Posts: 518
    got one of these yesterday...sensor needs to be no more than 5mm from the magnet

sensor where the indication for the battery show needs to be on top

with the writing facing inside...facing out the casing should just be plain
  • stueyc
    heart rate body sensor goes with the redish plastic bit to the outside..on the.inside where the little bit of writing is
  • STEFANOS4784
    lovely, cheers mate, how far down the spoke shall i put the sensor from the rim? :)
  • stueyc
    i have it about 3-4 inch
  • stueyc
    no worries...set mine up last night and gave it a go this morning
    nice bit of kit for the money
  • STEFANOS4784
    Cool, does seem like a bargain i'll be out on my lunch-break i think, can't wait :D:wink:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    stueyc wrote:
    with the writing facing inside...facing out the casing should just be plain

Total reverse of my set up as I like the sensor mounted behind the fork leg, can't do LH fork cause of disc brake. The magnet supplied is unused as it works with the 10yo Avenir AV1 magnet on the wheel.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • stueyc
    anyone got any ideas how to deal with the gradient/altimeter facility??
  • redvee
    stueyc wrote:
    anyone got any ideas how to deal with the gradient/altimeter facility??

If you mean finding out your 'home' altitide, go to bikely.com and find home on the map and create a short route and look at the elevation profile then you can work out the approx altitude of home. Mine is now sitting at 80 feet below what I set it last night. TBH if you just want to know how far you've climbed/descended tehn set it to zero.
  • hodsgod
    hodsgod Posts: 226
    The altitude will change with the air pressure each day. You will need to zero the altimiter pasrt each time you ride, or set to your known altitude.
  • 1 millibar (hectopascal) of air pressure change will cause a 30 foot change in the readout.
    Pressure can easily drop by 30-40 millibars in a few hours as a frontal system passes giving about a 1200 feet change.
    Air pressure can vary between 950 to 1050 millibars in the UK corresponding to 3000' of altitude change although the extremes are quite rare.
  • STEFANOS4784
    Probably still being dim but it strikes me that positioning the magnet/sensor on the various areas of the spoke/fork will mean different speeds of the wheel passing ie it will affect the accuracy in my mind because the closer to the hub the faster the magnet will be going past the sensor, really sorry if i'm being an idiot but says nothing in the book and Sheldon Brown says that the closer to the hub the better, any thoughts greatly appreciated, cheers :?
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    The outside of the wheel travels faster, but it has further to travel. The sensor measures each time the magnet passes, not the speed at which it passes. The wheel does not make more revolutions at the outside than at the centre, in fact it completes exactly the same number of revolutions per second as the centre does.
  • redvee
    How do I get the calorie/fat burn to come up on the display? Got to the HR max/average display and pressed the buttons in varios combinations and failed. Help!
  • stueyc
    only way i can get it is if set the stopwatch off manually...then when you stop it after a couple of seconds the display starts scrolling through,distance,ave speed,calories/fat etc....
  • redvee
    Will have to give it a try, never used the Stopwatch TBH.