route planners

robert millars vapourtrai
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
does anone else have a problem with bikely for routes never loads any comparable sites available please let me know thanks

Comments

• try mapmride.com

works for me :D
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    BikeRouteToaster's pretty good - follows the roads with AutoRouting and provides an excellent elevation function with Ascent, Descent etc, etc on the summary tab - well worth checking out.
  • oxon
    oxon Posts: 35
    is their a web site, that yo can put start postcode into and end postcode into and the say things like avoid m/ways and A roads? Which gives total ascent. Still trying to plan a route from Swindon to Cardigan bay through, Forest of Dean and then the Welsh Mountains and onto the West Coast. ?

Answers on a postcard please
  • Mettan wrote:
    BikeRouteToaster's pretty good - follows the roads with AutoRouting and provides an excellent elevation function with Ascent, Descent etc, etc on the summary tab - well worth checking out.

I 2nd that.

The autoroute thing is the main advantage, you can create a route really quickly and choose much smaller (quieter) roads than when you just ask to direct you to a postcode.
    http://www.KOWONO.com - Design-Led home furniture and accessories.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,213
    Map my ride is easy to use, especially if you switch the follow the road function on.