Spending dilemma

attica
attica Posts: 2,362
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
I've been saving for a while for a nice pair of Assos bib shorts, then on Tuesday disaster struck.

My old and very reliable Sidi Genius II shoes (remember them? Blue with luminous pink and yellow trim verrrry tasteful) decided to give up the ghost - the heel is coming away and I don't trust them for hills anymore - I've been commuting in them for years.

So now my dilemma is:-

Do I relegate my newer Sidi's (Genius 5s) to commute duties and splash the cash on a new pair of shoes and forget about the Assos for a while, or do I stick to plan A and get some cheapo (probably DHB) shoes for the sole purpose of commuting and get the Assos shorts.
"Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Cheapos for commuting.
    Rich
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've found Assos to be a tiny bit of a let down. Very well made, but prob less comfy than my other shorts. I'd buy a pair of DHB shoes and prob some shorts from them too.
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    I thought that, since the credit crunchy nut thing (whatever it is), we weren't allowed to spend any money on anything (at least, that is what I have told my wife and daughter). I think you should check with Mr Brown to see if it's ok to go to the bike shop. You don't want to get into trouble!

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    I'd go with the cheap shoes + assos shorts
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    +1 for cheap roadie shoes and assos f1 uno bib shorts.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...cheapo shoes...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    what do you care more about?

Feet or balls?

That is the question and i know what I'd go with...
  • meenaghman
    meenaghman Posts: 345
    Hey Attica what size feet have you ?
    I may have some shoes surplus to requirements.
  • simmo3801
    simmo3801 Posts: 486
    Interestingly enough I have a pair ofAssos S5 Uno bib shorts size L worn once (genuinely!) for sale if you want to make me a decent offer? The fit is excellent I just have too many shorts and can't really justify them. Didn't keep the box but I have the little wash bag to stop them from piling..........
    Giant Anthem X3 2013
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Anyone ever bought 2nd-hand shorts? Is it the same/different as buying 2nd-hand underpants?
    Rich
  • BMCCbry
    BMCCbry Posts: 153
    Get both :twisted: