What do you drink down the pub?

2»

Comments

• pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    y tin wrote:
    No-one mentioned guinness yet.
    Get the extra cold draught stuff - can't beat it. Good for the metabolism too.

Really?? I was always told:

If you feel the bottom falling out of your world . . . .

drink Guinness,

and you'll soon feel the world falling out of your bottom. :lol:

Sorry! :oops:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• ris
    ris Posts: 392
    nasahapley wrote:

Whisky with WATER? Sacrilege! I'm loving the single malts at the mo, Glenlivet's a favourite along with Jura. Trouble is I usually fancy a dram once I've already had a fair few pints, at which point I'd drink low grade meths if it came in a fancy bottle. Another vote for Deuchars, and I like all those white beers too (Erdinger, Paulaner etc).

i find that some malts respond positively to a spot of filtered water (not tap), but not all. talisker is quite a different whisky with a 1/4 to 1/3 of water in it, i find the smell and taste are enhanced. i was under the impression that dilluting was pretty normal, but with some scotch i can't see it - laphroaig just doesn't work with water at all for me - and i think the ratios have to be right.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    "quote"

If you feel the bottom falling out of your world . . . .

drink Guinness,

and you'll soon feel the world falling out of your bottom.

Excellent, i'' use that, might adjust it from guiness to westons vintage though 8)
  • RedAende
    RedAende Posts: 158
    y tin wrote:

Prefer the regular, if extra cold cant taste it (bit like chilled pish lagers)

Why is it good for metabolism ?

Red Aende, Red Spesh Hardrock, Wine Mercian, Rusty Flying Scot
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    RedAende wrote:
    y tin wrote:

Prefer the regular, if extra cold cant taste it (bit like chilled pish lagers)

Why is it good for metabolism ?

Agreed - Guinness Extra Cold just seems to sit there in your tum like a block of ice. And doesn't taste of much.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal