Its been a week

boybiker
boybiker Posts: 531
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
I haven't bought anything for my bike for a week :shock:
I need some excuse to go to the bike shop and savor the smell of WD40 and tyres so some suggestions please as to what I can buy.
The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
FCN :- -1
Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...just go in the shop and browse...you'll come out with something...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Ambermile
    Ambermile Posts: 117
    A bell?

Arthur :twisted:
    The Beastie

Sic itur ad astra
  • boybiker
    One thing I won't get is som of those power bar gel thingies, my friend swears by them but they just make me swear,they are truly disgusting :(
  • WD40 and Tyres, then you wont have to go there any more :lol: . Do you actually use WD40 on your bike, or is it just the smell you need?

I must get some bib shorts as I dont have any pairs of bibs only "normal" lycra shorts. I will therefore need a matching top too :roll: .
  • Andyb10
    Andyb10 Posts: 126
    Hey, I know that feeling as well as I found myself in my favourite bike store only yesterday.

Actually left without buying anything and was seriously depressed so may have to go back on Saturday!!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I haven't bought/ordered anything bike related since the 4th!! :shock:
    I feel quite ashamed... guilt even. :oops:
  • Andyb10
    Andyb10 Posts: 126
    Happy days.........

my Probikekit order has just shipped
  • unclemalc
    unclemalc Posts: 563
    boybiker - get some GT85 for a change - live a little outside the box... :D

I have taken to getting car-bound mates into bicycles - that way I get to go into my LBS and talk bikes and deals. Last week that got me some new pedals well cheap.
    I am working on the plan that if I spend enough time in the shop she will crack and let me go carbon.... :shock:
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Mmmm, it's only been a few hours for me.

Bought a couple of pairs of gloves this morning from Lidl. Total £3.98.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,699
    20 minutes for me. Only a small order, bits to overhaul some old hubs. But those hubs are the only bits lacking from my commuter bike...
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    3 hours for me :)

I bought a new bung :) and I also got myself some co2 Cartridges because I got a puncture yesterday in Wales.

I did also order some new tyres from ebay that have not arrived yet.. Surprise Surprise
    cartoon.jpg
  • unclemalc
    unclemalc Posts: 563
    I meant to say that I am away from Saturday and where I am going I won't be near a bike or any LBS for.... :shock: 10 days....
    :(
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • I very rarely buy anything but I do often drop in to pester them to change something or tweak something.

Then again I spent about 2 grand on a bike and associated bits in there so they owe me :lol:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • boybiker
    I don't actually use WD40.... honest :wink: its just the whole place smells of it .....or something similar. I sort of got my fix without buying anything you can go in and spend hours fondling wheels or chat to the staff about your next race :D
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    1 day for me. Ribble have delivered a pair of GP4000S tyres which will be fitted this evening :D
  • red dragon
    red dragon Posts: 263
    It is bad luck to visit a bike shop and come out empty handed. It makes no difference what it is`cos you will use it or need it in time. Just do not try to explain to the other hallf that just because it is your third montane jacket it that you will not wear it, i have no favourites in my wardrobe :oops: