How Am I Doing?

Andyb10
Andyb10 Posts: 126
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
Hi, I have been riding solo for some 2+ years now and regularly doing 40-50 mile rides round the Wareham, Blandford, Wimborne areas of Dorset and thoroughly enjoy it. Over these sort of distances aroudn a real mixture of roads (preference for rolling terrain rather than outright hilly) my average speeds range from 17.5 to 19 mph.

Keep thinking about joining a local club but am somewhat apprehensive about joining a club as I am not able to commit to certain days and times due to other commitments as well and also .

Anyway just wondered how I was doing and what benefits I might get from being in a bigger group as I am not interested in racing or TTing and if there any kind of more "casual" groups out there?

Comments

• robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    Try an Audax - www.audax.uk.net
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Andyb10 wrote:
    Anyway just wondered what benefits I might get from being in a bigger group?
    Depends on whether you enjoy riding alone all the time or not - some do, some don't. If you'd prefer some company (which is what it sounds like since you are asking the question) then there are all sorts of groups and clubs to suit your style of riding from pure racing clubs to CTC groups that ride at a leisurely pace and enjoy the scenery.

Joining a club revolutionised my cycling, but that doesn't mean the same is true for everyone.
  • Andyb10
    Andyb10 Posts: 126
    Yeah, I do enjoy riding solo but there are occasions when I see a large groupo out together I think it would add something to the ride to be part of a group.

Also I wouldn't have to keep planning new routes!!
  • knight2k
    knight2k Posts: 119
    Most clubs will let you ride with them without joining to start with. You'll be able to gauge then whether it's for you or not.