Advice On Lights Needed

Baz C
Baz C Posts: 29
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
Now that the dark mornings have almost arrived, cycling to and from work is becoming more and more hazardous, so i have decided to take the plunge and eventually buy a set of lights.I have a budget of around £30-£40 , i know it's not much but i'm afraid it is all i can manage at the moment.
Any advice that you can offer will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• are you hoping for something to see by or just to be seen? and for on or off road?
  • Baz C
    Baz C Posts: 29
    I'm looking for a bit of both as the roads and paths i cycle on are dark and can be quite busy . I will only need the lights for 'on road' cycling cos i don't go out and ride trails at night because of the monsters , junkies and winos that are about :D:D:D:D
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Fenix torch and mounting block. Very cheap and very bright. The orange peel version gives a good spread of light whilst the standard can light up beach huts 400 yds away from my house.

Only problem is 2 hr running time on full power, but they take AA's so I always carry a spare set of rechargables.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    If its on road you won't need full power though. I ride around quiet country roads in the dark, no street lights, covered in pot holes etc and the Fenix is fine on the second to top setting. Combined with the fact you can stick another set of AAs in your pocket for an emergency it's a winner.

http://www.glowgadgets.co.uk/fenix-l2d-q5-180-lumens-premium-led-torch.ir

I recommend getting some (good) rechargeable batteries though, got a 4 pack of 2900's for mine for £5ish.