clicking noise from center

tbeat
tbeat Posts: 119
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
hello all,
currently biking with a spesh 2001 rockhopper, but as the weeks and months have gone by, ive noticed a 'clicking noise' from the center of the bike. this occurs mainly when i am applying pressure on the hills and steep climbs. i dont believe it is the pedals. had a looky at them. would it be BB? it does not seem to have any movement. should i take it to a bike shop for a service?

thanks for advice
Trev

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    You need to go through logically and isolate things, so do you still get it standing up pedalling. Is it once a pedal revolution (check shoelaces and cable ends) then methodically strip and re-grease everything.

HAVE FUN!!!!
  • thehoff
    thehoff Posts: 21
    i've had same sort of problem with mine.

bum on seat (trying to) power up hill, clicking sound!!

traced it down to the seat creaking, transmitted down seat post so it sounds like its coming from the frame/crank.

if i hold the bike on the brakes and move the seat i can hear the very sound.

hope this helps!!
  • funkydung
    funkydung Posts: 116
    I had the seat post/ saddle creaking recently and after some advice on here, it is now cured. I greased all saddle rails and bolts also some grease on seat post.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I have the same problem. And I think the noise it's coming form the bb.
    In normal riding there's no noise, but when I pedal uphill and put a bit more preasure to the pedals, even though I'm not sitting I can hear the noise.
    I'll lube the chain later and bb so I'll let you know if there's any improvement.
  • Almost deffinately the BB. Mine did the same thing, but I had to replace it :-(
  • thehoff
    thehoff Posts: 21
    what the hell is the BB????
  • Ciaran500
    Ciaran500 Posts: 348
    Bottom bracket, what your cranks attach to.