Glentress Red - Best Time

boyfriday
boyfriday Posts: 103
edited August 2008 in XC and Enduro
Guys,

Just looking to get an idea of how quick people that race actually are, having never witnessed it up close.

I normally ride with friends and the rides tend to be full of stopping and starting and generally just enjoying the day out. However, i had a few days off last week and went to Glentress on my own (cycling down from Edinburgh and then back).

I decided after loading up on breakfast to give the red route a blast without stopping or unclipping from the pedals in order to see how fast i could do it (starting from the Hub at the bottom and finishing there also).

I posted a time that i think was fairly respectable (given the 26 miles cycle there and the impending 26 mile cycle back), but just wonder what sorts of times people that compete in sxc races would post for that course.

I'm hoping to enter the Dalbeattie SXC event and i'm swaying towards the "sport" category on the basis of previous posts on the SXC standards, but just wondering how my time would compare with racers (now that i have a comparitor as i presume a lot of folk will have completed this course).

Time was 1hr 15mins (19km) incidentally (which may be quite good, or terribly bad - i don't really know).

Many thanks

Comments