iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2008 in Pro race
Neo Pro's

Conti - €23000
PT - €26700

And then

Conti - €27500
PT - €33 000
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Where are you getting the numbers from? And what are the years?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It's been reported that's what's been agreed with the CPA etc.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • donrhummy
    That's good but only part of the battle. They cyclists also need health insurance guaranteed, they need retirement funds set up that events have to put a portion of revenue into and they need an injury fund as well.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Can't they sort out the reitement themselves seeing as they are often constantly switching teams?
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    iainf72 wrote:
    Neo Pro's

Conti - €23000
    PT - €26700

And then

Conti - €27500
    PT - €33 000

What sort of figures does that equate to in English money (yes, that does sound like a bit of a Duffism, but couldn't resist it!)? I'm on £22500 in my current job; should I be training harder and racing more with a view to a career change [1]? :wink:

David

[1] Just kidding. I'm 34 next April so well and truly past it!
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    iainf72 wrote:
    Neo Pro's

Conti - €23000
    PT - €26700

And then

Conti - €27500
    PT - €33 000

What a miserable amount! It´s better even be a kitchen porter
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • At the moment that's between £33,000 and £39,000. Not bad by regular salary terms but not at all great in comparison to other sports, especially for the effort in training and dedication they have to put in.
  • donrhummy
    At the moment that's between £33,000 and £39,000. Not bad by regular salary terms but not at all great in comparison to other sports, especially for the effort in training and dedication they have to put in.

Uh, no. Pounds are "worth" more than Euros. 33,000 Euros = 26,078.2 GBP.
  • donrhummy
    nolf wrote:
    Can't they sort out the reitement themselves seeing as they are often constantly switching teams?

You mean the way you worked out your retirement all on your own? No 401K? No social security (or whatever they have in GB)? Every employee is on their own? I highly doubt that, instead it's done through your government programs. The problem for professional cyclists is they don't work only in one country. You might ride for a Danish cycling team one year and live in Spain and the next year ride for an American team and live in France and then move to an African team, etc. It's very hard to find any country that will cover them for retirement under those circumstances and even harder to find countries that will allow "rollover" or transfer of those benefits accrued from work in another country.