Finding A LOST mobile after a Crash

Mickyduck
Mickyduck Posts: 19
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
Hi
managed to crash into a hedge last Sunday while removing my arm warmers resulted in lots of embarrassed blushes and a little cursing! Bike computer was reset by the impact (this is an important fact).
Noticed later on the ride that my mobile was missing from my rear pocket so decided to go back and find it. Checked distance since the crash on my computer read at 2.3 miles. Cycled back 2.3 miles but could not find phone or site of impact on the narrow country lane where all the hedges look the same and there was no obvious site of impact. Phone was on silent so ringing it would not help.
Then had a smartish idea (I think so anyway) collected my laptop from home and went back to approximate location with my laptop and walked along the road searching for "bluetooth" device. Eventually located the device, walked on until not detected then walked back until the not detected and worked out phone would be in the middle. A bit of rummaging around and I found it! Could have used my satnav as well but was on loan to a friend in the south of France.
May help you one day!!!

Comments