non profit tour in France

rouleur23
rouleur23 Posts: 175
edited August 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hi,

we are organising a non profit tour of around 5-6 ride days from the center towards south then into massiff central for some climbing. Should be around £200 for Bed and brekky and a supprt vehicle for luggage. you buy your own lunch and evening meals. cost is for 7 nights. 100 to 140k per day. The more the merrier but I guess a group of 20 ought to be the max. Putting this out on a French forum to mix it up a bit.

Calling in at Brantome, Rocamadour, Aurillac. Good way to see the season out no?

No time wasters please :!:

Thanks R23 :lol:

Comments

• hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    When are you looking at doing this tour?
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • rouleur23
    rouleur23 Posts: 175
    hi, I think the last week in Sept is always good. Weather warm and leaves still green. Better rates at hotels too. And as traffic free as you will EVER get. A breakdown of the fee is as follows just in case anyone wouyld like to know.
    I reckon 28 euros (£22) for hotel and £3 for a continental brekky. I will get some cereals and take them with us for a little extra on the carb front. Allowing £5 pppd to cover the fuel for 4x4, the drivers B&B and meals (paid by us all) it will come in between 180 and 210 depending on numbers.

There will be a spare bike and parts just in case. And some tools.

A collective picnic lunch is a good way to keep costs down too. If we pooled 3/4 euros per head the driver could go ahead and buy cheeses, cold meats, bread, coleslaw etc and I could bring some fold up chairs (I have around 10) to make it a little more comfy.

regards

R23
  • Three of us are very interested. One is a lady. I assume that is okay? What do you think the full cost might be with meals etc?
    We are not the fastest of riders but we are able to cover the distances. I was in the area in 2004 and have to say that it is a french gem that is not yet known.
    Look forward to a reply.
    Milesy
  • Special K
    Special K Posts: 449
    I won't be joining you but I'd like to say:

This is a great idea!

If you think about it, once you've organised yourself, your mate, his mate and their mate's mate, you've ended up going on holiday with your mates and some strangers (who you have something big in common with). Why shouldn't it work any better than paying someone else a lot more money to do the same thing?

Cracking idea. Will you let us know how you got on and, dare I say it, if you are still on speaking terms at the end of it all?
    "There are holes in the sky,
    Where the rain gets in.
    But they're ever so small
    That's why rain is thin. " Spike Milligan