Llandegla 1st

gazvenn
gazvenn Posts: 121
edited August 2008 in MTB rides
well, oh my have i had a long day today.. or yesterday now i guess seeing as its 5am..

went out for a ride from my house just along the roads just taking random turns to see where i'd end up and hopefully recognise somewhere at some point. found myself up by treuddyn eventually after doing a bit of a round trip via nercwys and few other places from starting in leeswood. by now i'd do about 10 miles i think and sat at the junction looking left (home) and right (about another 10 miles ride).
Well right it was and before i knew it i found myself at another junction with the llandegla sign staring me in the face. so gave the legs a wobble, they still seemed fine, and headed off just to go grab something to eat there and take a look around the caf and shop seeing as i'd never been.
Half way along the straight i noticed a mate drove past with his bike on the back, eventually got to the centre, damn that turning back on yourself sucks.. and sat down with a drink for a bit, next thing i know mate turns up and manages to convince me a run round the red run is a good idea. so why not eh? :wink:
Have to say it was good fun, luckily he was a bit drained from a ride day before and i managed to keep up with the him. seeing as he's up there like everyday and is superfit, i thought i'd done pretty well. i needed a few stops but for my 1st proper offroad run in years i thought i'd done pretty well. Didnt come off once (couple SPD related scares though :P ) and we got round the whole red in about 1 hour 20.

got back to the centre and just had to sit in a corner on the floor for about half an hour as my legs were completely goosed.
before today the furthest i'd done was about 15 miles all on road and today i did about 30.

I'm also awake now cos i fell asleep at about 8 last night :D

Comments

• Darra8
    Darra8 Posts: 721
    Nice one. My first time too yesterday, and i did the red as well. Took much longer that you though, you must be fitter than you think. Did you ride it all? as i chickened out on a couple of sections.

Steve
    40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!
  • gazvenn
    gazvenn Posts: 121
    aye, rode it all but i used to ride ages ago and mate is my ex's little bro so couldn't go being a wuss :P

oo, tell a lie i pushed up 1 hill.