Which track cyclist/team excites you the most?

Eurostar
Eurostar Posts: 1,806
edited August 2008 in Pro race
My top two are Hoy and VP. I love the anticipation of waiting for them to turn on the power. For me VP is the most mesmerising to watch, especially when she's high up on the banking, like a cat waiting to pounce, and her opponents can do nothing about it. She makes them all look so slow. And she's so tiny - no matter how many times I watch her accelerate it always surprises me. Where does all that power come from?

But Bradley's also very cool to watch - like a high speed train. So smooth, accelerating relentlessly.

Then there's Romero - her hunger for a win is just frightening.

And the pursuit team - OK, it's 4 people, but as a unit they are just hypnotic

Then there's Cav of course - can't wait to see him with Bradley in the Madison - that could be monumental. And Shanaze. Shame there's no women's team sprint at the Olympics.

Maybe you have other faves? I tried to put extra options in the poll, but the software can't take any more. We're spoilt for choice, aren't we? Third in the medals table, with many more to come!
<hr>
<h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>

Comments

• VP excites me...but not for sycling reasons ;-)

To be honest the whole GB Cycling team excites me...for cycling reasons this time...including Shanaze, and the MTBers Oli and Liam.

I have a feeling Liam could just scrape a bronze. If he does it would an awesome addition to the cycling medals already won.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Others.
    Geraint Thomas, Steve Burke and Jason Kenny.
    Only because they are the new guard coming through.
    I do find all the others exciting also.
    Not to take anything from VP but the number and quality of her openents is not as high as the mens, though she is quite a way ahead of her openents and truly world class. It's just a pity theres not a few more women simialr standard to push her further.
    I also enjoyed Chris Newton as he worked hard for his bronze.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i like wendy h

i want to kiss her face she looks so nice and happy inside :D

XXX
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Having seen all but Cav and Shanaze in the last two days, it has to be Chris Hoy. Even the Aussie fans love him and are in awe of him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tim Farr
    Tim Farr Posts: 665
    It's Chris Hoy - he's so much faster than everyone else. Like Old Welshman it's good to see the 'young guns' coming through in particular Steve Burke, Jason Kenny and Wendy H
    T Farr
  • Bradley making it look all so ever easy
    http://www.southwestbiking.tk/

Norco 125 Custom Build + 90's Peugeot Road Bike
  • Patrick1.0
    Patrick1.0 Posts: 290
    I do agree on Bradley. A smooth operator, so I'll go for him although Chris Hoy and others are immense.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Joan Llaneras :shock: :wink:

I remember watching the Worlds in Mallorca when he won the points race just a few months after Isaac Galvez died. Both Llaneras and Galvez are both Mallorcans, so it was extra emotional. I was glad he won gold yesterday.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    afx237vi wrote:
    Joan Llaneras - I was glad he won gold yesterday.
    That was a class ride - the points race is incredibly hard, won as much with the head as the legs.

Looking forward to watching Cav & Brad in the Madison - it's the maddest race to watch but the way they ripped the track up at the World Champs, I'm hoping they can repeat on Tuesday.
  • MADison, I think there is a clue in the name :D

Quite frankly the whole GB team is outstanding, it has depth and focus.
    Ironic that many of the disciplines GB is now excelling in, are the ones once dominated by the Aussies and Kiwis, and it's not just in cycling, look at the rowing too.
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    RR cos she's well shaggable.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • vermooten wrote:

you'll like this then
    Rebecca_Romero_377890a.jpg
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    vermooten wrote:

she would stab you to death and eat you after though

coz shes a bit crazy, no?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'