Good routes in Leicestershire?

rackgaki
rackgaki Posts: 309
edited October 2009 in Routes
Good loops for xc medium plus difficulty
Dont you just love Marin's...i sleep with mine

Comments

• I'm off this weekend to explore. There are some around the Charnwood, but sadly they are quite discontected. I live near Market Bosworth and so will be exploring the area around Ashby and Coalville - which is flatish but there are some reasonable stretches of trail, byway and the like. I'll post next week with some thoughts based on the experience.
  • rackgaki
    rackgaki Posts: 309
    i ride in charnwood because i live in loughborough, i dont know if you know the beacon? but there is a good but short cylcle trail there (descent really) and then through swithland woods but then i run out of trail and have to ride on the road which is boring without a road bike, going to ride sherwood pines this weekend!
    Dont you just love Marin's...i sleep with mine
  • Kedge
    Kedge Posts: 1
    Trying Whitwick wood, start from the carpark on Swannymoat Road and work your way through the woods down towards Grace Deau ruins on the A512, there's lot of routes and drops to be found. You can also ride up to the top of the Quarry in Whitwick which is again near the same carpark and then down to Blackbrook Reservoir which is a rather quick single track run.
  • Does anyone know of anything in South Leicester?
  • abductee
    abductee Posts: 189
    There are some routes in Leicestershire on this website
    http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/routes/index.htm
  • any good jumps/freeride around melton/leicester?
  • Head towards Barrow-upon-Soar & West Leake / Gotham & there are some reasonable trails, gets a bit of a 'mud fest' in the Winter thou :?
    BAZZ