Constitution Hill Closure

prj45
prj45 Posts: 2,208
edited August 2008 in Commuting chat
Arg! for over a week for the Olympic handover event!

They've already shut the cycle path and I hate the road surface there, it's like riding across a cattle grid for quarter of a mile.

This is about the only part of town that I pass through almost every day without fail, I guess because I've not found a better way through that part of town on my west to east.

Going home I don't mind taking the Embankment route which adds about two miles onto my journey, but coming in my main other option is up onto Marylebone road which is a stinky hell hole (although an option I sometimes take if I'm in a hurry).

Ah well, maybe leave a bit earlier and do the Embankment on the way in too...

Comments

• Thankfully this is not Constitution Hill in Poole, my regular route to work.

They've had roadworks on there though with some stupid traffic lights as well. A 40mph downhill stretch with traffic lights to stop at means a lot of heat in the brakes.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Arghhh that road surface is horrible. Not so bad when going towards B Palace as it's downhill but the ride uphill is a total nightmare.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Arghhh that road surface is horrible. Not so bad when going towards B Palace as it's downhill but the ride uphill is a total nightmare.

Well, they're shutting the road as well, so that'll be alright then...
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    edited August 2008
    FFS accept it- its for 10 days ( including 2 weekends one of which is a bank holiday) or about 5 working days

Is it really worth wingeing about?

Simply go round the back of Buckingham Palace instead- maybe add about 1/2mile to your journey. Think of the extra exercise you will get

It seems to me that if there was an award for wingeing that Britains would win gold everytime
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • rjeffroy
    rjeffroy Posts: 638
    Arg! for over a week for the Olympic handover event!

Is that what's for? I had hoped they were going to resurface it.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Why would they shut Constitution Hill in Bristol for the Olympics? I thought it was London that got the opportunity to spend vast amounts of money on something most of us aren't that bothered about?

Perhaps we should take a leaf out of the Beijing opening ceremony, and fake the whole thing :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.