Boardman Hybrid Performance Team??

samwj123
samwj123 Posts: 9
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
Hi All,
Forgive me if i have posted in the wrong place, my first post on here!
Ok i brought myself a Giant 3.0 crs for the commute to the station, really liked untill some scumbag pinched it (had the bike for four days!) i then replaced it with a Univega Terrano 200 and changed jobs. I now bike at lot further to my new place of work and the univega does'nt seem up to it, forks have come loose, loads of knocking from bottom bracket etc and I don't want to through good money after bad so am thinking of treating myself to a shiny Boardman Hybrid Performance team. Has anyone got one? do you like it? or can someone recomend an alternative? thanks in advance

Comments

• ok now looking at the Specialized Sirrus Comp 2008 as well, anyone have any thoughts? anyone? lol
  • Kirkeh
    Kirkeh Posts: 7
    I had the Boardman Urban Pro for 3 months until some bastid nicked it from my alarmed garage ! :x
    Only commute 10 miles but it was perfect for the job, great in traffic and the brakes were awesome tbqfh !
    I now commute on a Boardman Road Comp and after a short while of getting used to the drops, different gear change method and clipless pedals, I must say that i'm now fully converted to 'proper' road bikes as opposed to 'hybrids'. It's so good that I found myself just going out for a ride (never did that on the hybrid) and now I've joined a club and I'm hoping to do a few TT's/races next year.

I got my Boardman Road comp for £540 online, Halfords had 10% reserve and collection offer going at the time. Spent the rest on shoes/pedals etc. Considering I laid out 700 quid for the hybrid I think the thieveing bastards did me a favour in the end ! 8)

Hope that helps
  • Cheers for the reply Kirkeh, I think i am going to go for the boardman hybrid as there seems to be nothing else near the spec for the same price? not quite ready for a roadbike just yet;)
  • Right think i'm going mad with all the permutations!

Option 1: go for the boardman hybrid then take it lbs for a check up, £600 ish
    Option 2: Bootleg Hoy Hoy Rats 2008 from wiggle for £599
    Option 3: Kona Dr Dew delux £599 from evans
    Option 4: Specialized Sirrus Comp 2008 for £549

Any thoughts?
  • Went for the Cinelli Bootleg Hoy Hoy Rats, will let you know what i think when its delivered
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 173
    I got the hybrid pro on my works bike to work scheme (sourced from Halfords).

Absolutely love Halfords cause the lovely lady on the checkout gave me an additional 20% even though the voucher said the special doesnt apply to boardman bikes :)

Anyway, I love my bike and I use it every day to get to work (short 4-5mile ride). Really cant fault it as it does everything I want it to do.

Mailman
  • sjeapes
    sjeapes Posts: 1
    I've got the Performance Hybrid Comp (the cheapest one) and I really like it. It's got quite a good spec for the price and I don't think I go that much slower than I did on my road bike.

The other alternatives I looked at were the Sirrus and the GT Bikes Transeo
  • SebParis
    SebParis Posts: 1
    samwj123 wrote:
    Went for the Cinelli Bootleg Hoy Hoy Rats, will let you know what i think when its delivered

So what is your opinion... 5 years later ;-)
    Could you tell me how much it weights ?

Thanks
  • mpdouglas
    mpdouglas Posts: 220
    I've just clocked up my 3,000th mile on my Boardman Hybrid Pro. I love it for commuting. I had to rebuild the wheels around some new hubs about 600 miles ago as the bearings got destroyed by the 2nd consecutive winter. Other than that, it runs like a sewing machine. I have a carbon framed Bianchi road bike but the hybrid is a better bike for commuting (in my eyes). The Pro model does benefit from having carbon forks and SRAM Rival running gear.
    "The Flying Scot"
    Commute - Boardman CXR 9.4 Di2
    Sunday Best - Canyon Ultimate SLX Disc w/ DuraAce Di2