Where can i purchase some cleats at a reasonable price?

DW01
DW01 Posts: 66
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
Does anyone know where i can get cheap cleats, just bought a wilier for £400 got shimano m540 pedals and just bought some racing shoes (first time, not looking forward to falling off at the traffic lights but will hopefully laugh through it!) unfortunately the seller didnt send the cleats...

Cheers guys :D

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Rich
  • julietp
    julietp Posts: 67
    They do normally come with the shoes if shoes are new. Where did you buy your shoes?

Anyway the deal mentioned above is great - normally £10 or more for new cleats.
  • julietp
    PS. I have never fallen off and am very clumsy generally! I find them much easier than toe clips or normal pedals - would never go back.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    cleats are pedal specific, so come with pedals, shoes need to have a bolt patter (2bolt or 3bolt) to match the required cleat.
  • julietp
    My boyfriend and I got our cleats with our shoes (mine shimano shoes, his specialized) but these were shoes compatible with M540's so maybe that is why but they definitely did not come with the peddles.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    did you buy those second hand?

my M540's came with cleats, my specialized shoes and all the shoes on CRC come without them as different pedals nedd different shoes.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    The M540's should come with cleats, though if the racing shoes are look compatible ones, then the M540 cleats will not fit.
  • julietp
    No, we both bought our shoes and pedals new. I bought mine at the same time so maybe I've just forgotton but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend's came with his shoes. I'll ask and find out!
  • The cleats should come with the pedals, definitely not the shoes!
    One day, I'm going to buy a cottage in a small village and become its idiot!
  • DW01
    DW01 Posts: 66
    Thanks guys! that website looks cheap... i bought the bike off ebay, but the seller said he couldnt get the cleats off his old shoes. But i'll definitely be getting some of those, thanks alot :)
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Again what shoes do you have though? As someone else has mentioned shimano m540 pedals will not fit road specific shoes as they are MTB pedals...
    Also - for my own curiosity - which Wilier have yo got your hands on?