Bianchi C2C 928 Carbon

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
I know I just recently bought myself a road bike, but i didn't realise how much I loved cycling. I mean sure I've been riding a bike in some form or another since the age of 8 (obviously as got older the distance increased when I was 8 too far was not being able to see my house at the top of the road).

I always have been obsessed with distance and going really far quickly but not blistering quick. I now want to ride in group cycles and perhaps competitive rides.

Will the Bianchi C2C 928 Carbon, meet my needs?

Are there any other suggestions of really good distance eating but fast aggressive Road Bikes for around £1000 - £1500.

I probably won't be buying until next year but having a model and price in mind helps me save.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Well I'm no expert but I bought my C2C 928 beacause the geometry was described as more relaxed than an aggresive racing bike, maybe something from the B4P range will suit you better?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Wilier Mortirolo
    [img][/img]cycles_pro36207L.jpg
    cycles_pro41348L.jpg
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I know what you mean i love the look and sound of the C2C 928.

However if you think with your head and not you heart have a look at the Focus Cayo range of bikes @ Wiggle. Much higher spec bikes for the same money as a lower spec Bianchi (and most high street bikes).

I too am waiting until next year to get mine and i know i will be torn between the 928 and a Focus Cayo.

I am going to the London Cycle show to have a look at the new 2009 ranges so this will hopefully help me make my mind up.
  • DonDaddyD
    NWLondoner wrote:

However if you think with your head and not you heart have a look at the Focus Cayo range of bikes @ Wiggle. Much higher spec bikes for the same money as a lower spec Bianchi (and most high street bikes).

I too am waiting until next year to get mine and i know i will be torn between the 928 and a Focus Cayo.

I am going to the London Cycle show to have a look at the new 2009 ranges so this will hopefully help me make my mind up.

At he £1000 - £1500 price range it would have to be something I love with my heart (with a certain amount of brain making sure its at least a good quality item)

When and where is the London Cycle show, do you have a link?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Wilier Mortirolo
    [img][/img]cycles_pro36207L.jpg
    cycles_pro41348L.jpg

Was also thinking about a Wilier build but I would most likely have to add £1000 to the overall price - worth it though them things are sweet sexy.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    edited August 2008
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Was also thinking about a Wilier build but I would most likely have to add £1000 to the overall price - worth it though them things are sweet sexy.
    You can get a Mortirolo with Veloce for £1,500 and with Centaur for £1,600.

Have a look on here.
  • NWLondoner
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    NWLondoner wrote:

At he £1000 - £1500 price range it would have to be something I love with my heart (with a certain amount of brain making sure its at least a good quality item)

When and where is the London Cycle show, do you have a link?

Earls court http://www.cycleshow.co.uk/
  • DonDaddyD
    Lagavulin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You can get a Mortirolo with Veloce for £1,500 and with Centaur for £1,600.

Have a look on here.

Truthfully, I really like your Izoard
    Food Chain number = 4

• Lagavulin
    Cheers. It's my pride and joy.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    have a look at planet x. very very happy with mine
  • NWLondoner
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Cheers. It's my pride and joy.

what range of DT wheels are they??
  • Lagavulin
    DT RR 1850's. I've had these about a year now. Not light but bombproof (so far) and with lovely hubs.
  • NWLondoner
    Lagavulin wrote:
    DT RR 1850's. I've had these about a year now. Not light but bombproof (so far) and with lovely hubs.

They are as heavy as my Shimano RS10's!!!
  • Lagavulin
    Which aren't handbuilt by Swiss virgins. :lol:
  • NWLondoner
    Lagavulin wrote:

No but they are f*****g you at that price :twisted:

My god it is so hard reading through all these wheel review etc.

At least i now have more of an idea what to get.
  • I really liked the idea and "romance" of an Italian road machine and tried out both the Bianchi and the Willier at LBS. In the end however I plumped for the £999 Focus Cayo with Ulterga ice from Wiggle, and omg it's amazing! Very pleased with the handling. Highly recomended.
  • Lagavulin
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Lagavulin wrote:
    No but they are f*****g you at that price :twisted: .
    Really? I'll look forward to that. All I got was a certificate of contruction. This a) must come later or b) I haven't filled in a registration/warranty card to claim my free sh@g.
  • DonDaddyD
    Lagavulin wrote:
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Lagavulin wrote:
    No but they are f*****g you at that price :twisted: .
    Really? I'll look forward to that. All I got was a certificate of contruction. This a) must come later or b) I haven't filled in a registration/warranty card to claim my free sh@g.

That is actually quite funny
    Food Chain number = 4