Rock shox fork question

icks
icks Posts: 47
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
wanted to know what is better u turn or all travel plus does any body have info on the Rock Shox Tora 302 SL if they are u turn or not and if coil , air or spring. and if they are good forks for a beginner xc rider

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    all travel requires a service to change the travel. U turn is a dial.

Looked on RS's webby?

the 302 can be air or coil. it depends on which version you want.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • icks
    i am bout to buy the 302 SL and want to get some info on them, i looked on the web site and they just give info on all forks so i cant distinguish which details are for them forks, and which would u say are better u turn or all travel?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if you want to adjust your travel on the fly, u rutn is better, as nick said, all travel requires the fork to be taken apart to adjust travel.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    these look to be a bit of a bargain:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/PriceDrop/12/ ... 360037559/

also, chain reaction are doing tora 302 air forks for about 130 quid, prob the best version of the tora. (sonic will be along in a min with better facts)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You called?! ;-)

2006, 07, and 08 Tora 302 SL are original equipment units fitted to bikes, mainly Specialized and Giant. As mentioned, can be coil or air, so you need to find out.

Tora SL 2009 is available after market.

Any links to said fork?
  • icks
    reply ur right there taken off a Specialized FSR XC near new as the guy brought better forks so his selling me his, not sure what year 07 or 08, i will be seeing the guy later in the week but want to find out info on the forks first, and what would u say a gud price is for these forks?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Most likely to be the coil version. As seciond hand, and can get new 302 for 90 quid, offer 50-60.

SL has an aluminium steerer, s a bit lighter though. A very good fork.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i will be seeing the guy later in the week but want to find out info on the forks first,
    Well then ask him as he will be able to give you the correct info.

If there are air valve(s) then it is an air fork.... if there is a U-turn dial then..... if it comes with the all travel spacers it is.... if nonof the above it is a fixed travel coil fork.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown