clicking/creeking

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
Hi.

From the front of my bike, wheels, carbon forks, handlebars??? I dont know where, there is a weird clicking/creeking noise that happens mostly when I am off the saddle and put any pressure on and rag my bike side to side, this has only just cropped up and it happened even when on the saddle and on some like bumpy bit of road.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks.

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    chainring bolts, stem bolts, headset, cleats, frame screaming in agony at the wikkid power you are laying down...
  • Your chain might be about to snap......I had similar symptoms changed the chain and they went away.
  • Anonymous
    But its from the front I'm sure it is, and this chain has not even been on long!
  • willhub wrote:
    But its from the front I'm sure it is, and this chain has not even been on long!

Perhaps is what put on wrong, mine was very new when it started playing up.

If its a crappy Shimano chain it might be a weakness at the dodgy joining pin - which would show up early on a new chain.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12581556 stick the question in here.

Might be the computer sensor knocking on the magnet. Wheels will flex a bit under the circumstances you describe.
  • Anonymous
    My magnet is on the rear, the shain is an SRAM and its done about 600 miles or around that.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    oh ok. But if you don't mind I'll post my response in the other thread anyway as I found that to be the solution to a clicking when I was out of the saddle and honking. Might be useful for someone else reading the thread.