HI

JoH
JoH Posts: 4
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi! :D

New to here, new to mountainbiking (4 wks!), new to all the tech talk lol!

Commute most days to and from work, bout a 50k round trip and most weekends am found pitting myself against some trail or another on my much loved Specialized Hard Rock Comp Disc. I won't pretend I know anything about it yet but I'm learning!

Anyways, just wanted to say hi!

Jo

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    welcome, 50k, that is some commute!! you'll be fitter than most riders on here in no time (if you're not already)

nice bike and hope you have fun on it. there is plenty of space for learning on here and even folk who have owned bikes for years are stil learning so i think you are in good company.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    whereabouts are you commuting?
  • JoH
    JoH Posts: 4
    Sheeps Teeth -HIya! aye that 50k round tripremember !! 50k each way and I'd be in the Olympics lololololol!

Ride-whenever: Crathes'ish to Aberdeen (nr beach)
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    Hiya. Going to keep up the commute in the winter....? I did this year/last year and it made a huge difference to my fitness (80% commute was off-road).

50K huh....Hmmmm my commute was half that unless I took a detour into some other woods.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I won't pretend I know anything about it yet but I'm learning!
    That's the way most of us here that haven't worked in bike shops started out. Commuting is pretty good for getting extra miles in and building fitness. I've recently been dabbling with riding to work, it's about 45km there and back but also invloves 3700ft of climbing which makes it a bit too strenuous for riding every day, does save me a fiver in petrol each time I do it which goes into the bike fund though :D
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result