Beginners clothing

2»

Comments

• felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    FSR_XC wrote:
    For cheap cycling clothing that works Lidl have some from 21st Aug.

No cycling shorts though.

I will be taking a look. Cotton t-shirts are grim to cycle in - maybe not on the way there but certainly at the end of the day on the way back!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    As it is nearly winter, an extra question.... now we have sorted bibs out!

When it is cold, is it better to do bib tights or 3/4's as in the DHB Merston...

Or, normal bibs with Ron Hill tights over?

I think lycra legs are a bit much.... at least Ron Hills are less embarrassing to be seen in?
    But, does it make a practical difference to comfort or ride ability?

Cheers

(thanks for all the answers etc... huge help)
  • Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    Joining this a bit late but I also recommend the Earnley bibs, I've got a couple of sets. Also a few dhb jerseys and my GF has a the winter gloves and coat. I find them supperb quality and value for money. Ues them both on and off road.

I wear baggies and a high wicking T shirt on my commute as it's only 5 miles so not worth lycra. In winter I wear Ronhills. Not much better than tights in terms of looks but a lot cheaper and you can just wear your lycra underneath for padding. You'll need a few warm jerseys (try halfords, I'm really impressed by the one I got from there!) and a decent coat agan dhb. Get a high vis one. I got a light weight road windproof and went for stealth black which I know regret everytime a car comes too close.

I'd consider getting some leg and arm warmers too for days when it's a bit too chilly in the morning but may warm up in the afternoon.

I've not bought anything from them but these people look good.

http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Jon8a wrote:

Thats a top link! Thanks for the advice!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Jon8a wrote:

I've not bought anything from them but these people look good.

http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk

I bought the shorts, blue jersey and gloves bundle from this site. My first cycle clothing items.

Two day delivery and very VERY happy with the purchase. Will be buying from them again!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DHB stuff is excellent vfm , but funnily enough I rate the Earnley 3/4 bibs but I'm not so fond of the Earnley bib shorts, I find the shoulder straps bunch on the shorts but are v comfy on the 3/4.

Altura Airstream are good quality for the cash at Merlin Cycles . . .

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=produ ... egoryId=57