Lance Armstrong Racing Leadville 100 Photos and Video

Chucky212
Chucky212 Posts: 73
edited August 2009 in Pro race
Posted this in the Mountain Bike forum... Interesting what the MTB crowd said. Whats the road take?

Lance Armstrong Gets the Lead out.

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,873
    he is one competitive geezer... tough race.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • great images. he looked a bit tired in a few of them!
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    That is pretty impressive and I'm pleased to see Lance still out racing. That looks like a very technical climb at one stage.

But, race number 7!!! Cheeeesy! :wink:

PS - what did the knobbly crowd say?
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    All that granny ringing makes me tired!
  • Patrick1.0
    Patrick1.0 Posts: 290
    100 miles on mountain bikes... and under 7 hours. Some aching legs the next day.
  • MTB crowd says it looked more like a road race. No single track, not technical. "a fire road is still a road." That kind of thing. When I did the race in 2003, I was considering using a cross bike, but was happy that I had a mountain bike. There is plenty of scree the top 2 miles of the Columbine climb. Also, as you can see, granny gear is necessary.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,873
    Chucky212 wrote:
    MTB crowd says it looked more like a road race. No single track, not technical. "a fire road is still a road." That kind of thing. When I did the race in 2003, I was considering using a cross bike, but was happy that I had a mountain bike. There is plenty of scree the top 2 miles of the Columbine climb. Also, as you can see, granny gear is necessary.

how many off road miles out of the 100?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    Love this picture...

Just to show how easy it is Lance stops off for a quick fag before the attack.... :D

main-10.jpg
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • bigdawg wrote:
    Love this picture...

Just to show how easy it is Lance stops off for a quick fag before the attack.... :D

main-10.jpg

Nice!
  • her7shal
    her7shal Posts: 1
    Whats Armstrongs next race?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    her7shal wrote:
    Whats Armstrongs next race?

The Giro d'Italia. Why have you dragged this thread out of the archives to ask that?!
  • LA is looking a bit fitter this year.