• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    lexiekay wrote:
    hurrah!
    I'm a complete novice.... but i can make nice chocolate brownies :lol:
    Not, ahem "performance enhancing" chocolate brownies? :shock:
  • Anonymous
    articulated eh? hmm the mind boggles, what if we had a bob so long it actually crossed the start and finish lines at the same time?
  • Anonymous
    then we'd be sure to win.
  • lexiekay
    lexiekay Posts: 379
    Not, ahem "performance enhancing" chocolate brownies?

Arent all chocolate brownies performance enhancing??? That's why i've been making a special effort to eat them :D
  • Most certainly life enhancing! :D
  • Anonymous
    i could just go a chocolate brownie, i havent had breakfast yet and im off to thetford.
  • lexiekay
    mmmmm brownies....... :lol:
    surely its tea time by now?!
  • If you ever do get a bobsleigh team together, and your all famous, remember to post some videos
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    NS Holy 2009 :D
    Saving for Full Sus...
  • Anonymous
    Right, seriously though, what is our next step in boblseighing? Anyone got any clues?
  • Anonymous
    there are some massive old oaks in the woods near my house, they have been there for the 3 yrs i have been here, i might try and see if the land owner wants to donate them
  • Wish I could be a fly on the wall for that conversation!!! :lol:

What do your neighbours currently think of your mental state?? :shock:
  • Anonymous
    Oh please dear god, take a portable tape recorder or something with you to record the conversation! :lol:

I just realised an alternative last night, when I was putting the bins out.
    That's right, bin-bob!
  • Anonymous
    bin bob!! how good would that be, either way, we need something inappropriate to hurtle down a tunnel of ice!!
  • Have heard mention that using a kayak as a sledge can be pretty terrifying........... :shock:
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    BOBSLEIGH !!!!!

I'll make sure we have the right beers/lagers when the run is finished
  • Anonymous
    cool, we have the largest bob team ever!
  • Then you can set up your own website

http://www.sleighradar.com

And mabe even a magazine?
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Saving for Full Sus...
  • Anonymous
    sleighdar even!

We'd best get the important bits done first. Like, get a bob! :lol:
  • Yea, I suppse that would help...
    Saving for Full Sus...
  • Anonymous
    i went to look at those mahoosve logs, they have been there so long they have started to rot through, i might go and have a closer insection later, i didnt want to hang around for too ong earlier as the landowner was lurking about ad didnt look too imressed with me being nosey or my dogs p1ss1ng on his logs.

hope he doesnt ask what i want themfor :lol:
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Busy week sorry guys, looks like I didn't miss to many important preperation meetings though!

Liking the idea of homemade brownies, mmm mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sheepsteeth, so long as their structural integrity allows them to slide I'm sure they'll be fine, a little soft on the inside might not be a bad thing! Easier to hollow and a bit of shock absorbtion.
  • lexiekay
    Hmm been doing a spot of research and came up with this:

http://www.pocanticohills.org/brigham/05/Olympic_bobsledding.ppt

Made me laugh! If only it was that easy..... :D
  • Anonymous
    I asked an assistant in JJB sports if they sold bobsleighs, he said "what?" so I repeated my question.
    He walked away. I assumed he'd gone to look in the store room, so stood around waiting for him, but after 40 minutes, I had to get back to work.
  • Anonymous
    Hmm, just read the powerpoint thing! that's my kind of simplicity.
    So, we need a licence. I have a driving licence, I'm sure sheepsteeth has a tank licence or something. I know a girl who has a HGV licence.
    If we combine them, are we allowed to race?
  • Anonymous
    i have a hgv license , also i am qualified to load explosives for transport by road (dont know why thats important) and i can drive tracked or roller vehicles too.

i notice the slide about the sled didnt mention wood as a suitable material :?
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    But it said graphite was. You could chip the wood off a load of pencils and stick the graphite rods together with lock-tite.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Anonymous
    i have a hgv license , also i am qualified to load explosives for transport by road (dont know why thats important) and i can drive tracked or roller vehicles too.

i notice the slide about the sled didnt mention wood as a suitable material :?
    Ah, but then again, it didn't list all suitable materials, just some.
  • lexiekay
    good news.... turns out there's a bobsleigh practice place at the uni of Bath. you can just turn up and have a go apparently....
  • Anonymous
    lexiekay wrote:
    good news.... turns out there's a bobsleigh practice place at the uni of Bath. you can just turn up and have a go apparently....
    WOOHOOO!!!!
    Who's up for it then? we should set a date, and organize our first team meet up!