Cannondale Synapse Tiagra Triple 08 or Spesh Allez Triple 09

AceOnTheLine
AceOnTheLine Posts: 18
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
Okay, so yesterday it was gonna be an Orbea Fleche, but after a visit or 2 to some LBS's we are now tied between the above bikes. Anybody have any experience with the synapse? I know the allez is fairly well respected and the 09 version looks dead sexy!!! (which isnt that critical - but it kind of is :-) ) Both are available for about the same money and interest free for 12 months so that isn't really an issue.

If anyone has any experiences with either frame would be great to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Ash

Comments

• eeek

or now a scott speedster s40!!!!!

Help!!!!
  • oxymoron
    oxymoron Posts: 54
    im in the same boat. im considering the allez tripple 09 and the Focus Variado 2008 from wiggle.co.uk.

The focus looks abit better specced.
  • oxymoron
    tbh after talking to a guy at work he said at my price level all the bikes are pretty mucxh the same specced, just find more comfy.

If i can get on the cycle to work scheme ill buy the allez 09, if i cant ill buy the focus from wiggle
  • well

went out today to look at the Scott again...

...and kind of bought it!!!

I definitely shouldnt be allowed in shops!
  • oxymoron
    how much did you pay for the scott?
  • Hi.Ive got the Scott speedster s60.Its a great looking bike and rides like a dream.Its my first road bike and ive been well and trully bitten by the cycling bug!!!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
  • Oxy

Got it for £569 (£100 off rrp) at my LBS after I showed them the price on a t'internet site (pedal on). Bloke in shop almost had a heart attack but agreed to match the price, and throw in some pedals and 2 free services!!! Over all very happy, took it for a quick spin tonight but my roads round my house havent been surfaced yet so very bumpy ride!!! Will take it out on the lanes in the week.