Firefox login weirdness

fluff.
fluff. Posts: 771
Last thing yesterday/ first thing today theres something odd going on for me, if I use Firefox to login to the site and forums I get `We could not log you in using those details' but if i switch to IE and input the same details (done it several times to make sure it wasn't a typo) I can log in OK. Anything changed Bikeradar side or something I can fix?

Comments

• ris
    ris Posts: 392
    same prob here. glad i found this thread - i'd forgotten i had ie on this maachine still!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Ditto, forget about trying a ny of the other 3 browsers I've got on my PC. Asked for new PW and had to wait 30 mins cause I failed 5 times in a row :x . Sorted now though.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,867
    redvee wrote:
    Ditto, forget about trying a ny of the other 3 browsers I've got on my PC. Asked for new PW and had to wait 30 mins cause I failed 5 times in a row :x . Sorted now though.

I got the same effect but on a MAC using safari even after changing my password

but could log in with firefiox with the new password.

something to do with cookies?

still will not log in with safari
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Hi all,

I'm having this problem too on Firefox, but it seems to be OK with IE. I don't know what it is but I'll try to get it sorted over the weekend if possible.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
  • I'm also getting the problem :cry:
  • Jeff Jones
    Try deleting your bikeradar cookies. I was able to log on with Firefox after doing this.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Sorted with that ta, odd the way a few peoples cookies got corrupted at the same time though.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    It was affecting IE too. Thanks for the tip about the cookies, Jeff
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    FLUFF. wrote:
    odd the way a few peoples cookies got corrupted at the same time though.
    Bet there were more than a few with the same problem that, like me, being used to IE3-onwards, always try deleting cookies whenever webbie-wierdness ensues.
    Bikeradar must've had a bit of a behind-the-scenes update frenzy for the last couple of weeks, 'cos some of us SkyBB users couldn't log in 2 weeks ago. Top fellas at Bikeradar though. 8) Emailed me to appologise and explain they were sorting it.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Was having this issue, used the oppurtunity of being in Vista to use Safari for windows to try logging in and that worked fine. Gonna try FF again now I've changed my password again.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    There's more people having this problem;

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... p=14916831
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I was having the same problem guys, but on Opera and IE. I couldn't log in for 2 days.
    But now I've deleted all the cookies and it works now thanks to you guys. :D
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Deleted cookies, all ok now :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • ris
    ris Posts: 392
    i had it working fine yesteray after deleting the bike radar cookies. halfway through this morning firefox has given up again.

bit odd, but i'm sure the admins will get to the bottom of it.
  • Ambermile
    Ambermile Posts: 117
    I just spent a while trying to get in... 30 minutes after posting as well! Odd. Very odd but nowhere near as odd as having to use IE7 again floggin.gif

Arthur
    The Beastie

Sic itur ad astra
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    I'm having the same problem. I tried reregistering but it wouldn't accept my email address because it's already in use - by me!

I hate IE7 and never use it normally - Firefox is so much better.

What's the solution? Use IE7 just for Bike Radar? That's not going to happen so it's goodbye until it gets sorted out.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • Jeff Jones
    The solution for now is to delete your bikeradar cookies.

We're trying to figure out what's causing this problem.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Lol, I had exactly this same problem on Friday - none of my computers would let me log into bikeradar using Opera.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr