Photos of South Lakes Group ride around Wensleydale

southlakes
southlakes Posts: 474
edited August 2008 in Tour & expedition
IMG_2626.jpg

Click the link http://www.southlakesgroup.org.uk/2008photogallery/photos2ndaugust.html to see photos of the South Lakes Group ride around Wensleydale. To see what else new on South Lakes Group Website click this link http://www.southlakesgroup.org.uk/whatsnew.html

with regards

Simeon Orme

Comments

• toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    A tearoom in Wensleydale and you did not opt for Fruit cake and cheese! Shame on you man!!! Sounds strange, savoury and sweet - it is the perfect combination and a old Yorkshire favourite. Saying that, the tearoom in Kettlewell - I had to specifically ask for it. Wharfedale/Wensleydale - got to be the 2 best Dales. Good photos by the way.
  • southlakes
    I can only say Toshmund that I am proud Lancashire man with sweet tooth but main reason i posted photos of cakes on the website is show that the Group stops at cafes!!
  • robbie7
    robbie7 Posts: 292
    i stay in a little cottage right behind Syke's Tea Rooms in askrigg and i have to say that the village is lovely so is the food at the Crown Inn at the top of the village. highly recommended if your around that way. the views are fantastic.
  • robbie7
    robbie7 Posts: 292
    i stay in a little cottage right behind Syke's Tea Rooms in askrigg and i have to say that the village is lovely so is the food at the Crown Inn at the top of the village. highly recommended if your around that way. the views are fantastic.
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    southlakes wrote:
    I can only say Toshmund that I am proud Lancashire man with sweet tooth but main reason i posted photos of cakes on the website is show that the Group stops at cafes!!

Fair comment, hope you enjoyed your visit to the right side of the Pennines. Bit like the Bullseye scenario - "Let's see what you could have won!?" eh! lol
  • nun
    nun Posts: 434
    Do you guys, or a more northerly group, ride around the N. Yorks Moors, Guisborough,
    Pickering, Whitby etc.
  • southlakes
    Hi nun,

The answer to your question is no but the General Secretary of the Rough-Stuff Fellowship Peter Kenner is looking for people to set up more local RSF Groups, if you interest you can contact him on (01524) 383593 I believe there enough interest in the York Area to set up local group its just case of trying to find person willing to become the Area Secretary of the Group. The Area Secretary is person who organize the rides programme for each group and most local groups put on one or two rides per month.