Pedal and shoe combo for £60??

steerpike
steerpike Posts: 424
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
Hi - have bought Boardman Comp (not yet collected) from Halfords and need some reasonably cheap shoes and pedals for approx £60 inclusive. I'm a road beginner and wondered if anyone could recommend a good set or individual pieces for this kinda price?

Cheers

Comments

• toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    At that price range, I would suggest you try Decathlon. Decent own brand, bulk seller etc etc

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/cycling-gear-848635/
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,875
    Shimano M520: £15.95 http://www.parker-international.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/referrer/froogle/productID/2532/groupID/11/categoryID/154

Shoes: I bought a pair of Diadora Skorpion shoes (never heard of them myself) but the alleged rrp was around £120 - carbon soles, 2 velcro straps, and a good quality ratchet one too, cracking buy IMHO, think they were £45 + P&P, so around £50, so if they are still available, or if you can bag any shoe in the sale for around that price, your quids in.

Shoe sizes are all over the place though, so if you are buying online, make sure your prepared to stomach the cost of sending them back should they be too small.

With my ebay ones, I looked at the sellers history, and found a pair of 45's that had ended, mailed the winning bidder, and asked what UK size he was - he replied to say he was a 10, same as me, and that they fitted fine - not conclusive, but I gambled and they fitted fine.

Either way you'll easily get some half way decent shoes for £44 or so, especially if you get an end of line, or last years model or what have you - there are some sites that seem to have a lot of cheap shoes, but I can't remember that they are at present.

Cheers

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Hi,
    Might I suggest the same pedal+shoe combo I got from ribble

Shimano Spd-SL R540 £17.81
    Shimano R075 £42.46

I normally take a 43 but decided to get the 45 shoes (as per the advice) and the fit is pretty spot on.