Jason MacIntyre - Justice?

ellieb
ellieb Posts: 436
edited August 2008 in Campaign

Comments

• robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    "He claimed the cyclist was not wearing high-visibility clothing and was in a "hunkered down" position, making his body size very small"

The old "I didn't see him" defence. I 've had a similar experience (albeit nowhere near as tragic), and had the same response from the driver. Beggers belief, not sure a stiffer punishment is the answer, but more (OR SOME!) focus on cyclist-awareness when learning to drive is the way forward IMO.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Barsteward........

Less fine than the idiot cyclist that knocked a girl over who died of a head injury....

Cyclist's fault again then..........not the fact that the driver couldn't be arsed to look properly.

Time to kick up a fuss then !!!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    He claimed the cyclist was not wearing high-visibility clothing and was in a "hunkered down" position, making his body size very small.

That looks like he saw him to me.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,868
    He claimed the cyclist was not wearing high-visibility clothing and was in a "hunkered down" position, making his body size very small.

That looks like he saw him to me.

it does appear to be a contradiction...

how does he know what his riding position was if he didn't see him?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm