How does Brunyneel do it!

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited August 2008 in Campaign
How does the Cycling World get butchered by positive drugs tests and Bruyneel comes out smelling of roses. His track record is huge but why is the most successful manager not had a positive test result??
I can't think of a single rider under his management that has been positive. Why???
-Cheers Jerry
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    could it be because they do not take drugs

Just a wild thought
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    ^^^ Hook baited Spen?
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • jerry3571
    Come on chaps. Franky Andreu has admitted to taking drugs whilst at USPS and his wife has instigated a certain 7 times winner. She didn't mean it I'm sure as she said it in a court room. :shock:
    Lance denies this conversation of course. Sorry Lance to make your Blackberry go off. OOPS!! His bleeper, is said, goes off when his name comes up on the net.

We have all read Paul Kimmage's books and Willy Voet's book and seen a lot of stars getting caught out so come on; let's get real.

PS- One of the most interesting books on Armstrong is Dan Coyle's book "Lance Armstrong-Tour de Force". Great read!!
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

-Jacques Anquetil
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Jerry- the fact is there is no admissible evidence to PROVE these allegations.

If you are so concerned about it, then get the necessary evidence
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Bring back the duckling stool! That will prove it either way once and for all. If he lives its because the PEDs allowed him to hold his breath for long enough, if he dies then he was innocent.
  • jerry3571
    I'm saying that Tyler Hamilton was caught (ex postal), Floyd Landis (ex postal) and Franky Andreu (ex-Postal) admitted, now Boonen (ex Postal). I was under the impression that Jonathan Vaughters retired through doping being such a problem hence the birth of Slipstream (with the premiss of his new Team being a clean Cycling Team).
    What I was hoping to tease out was the real reason why Astana were stopped from riding the Tour. I think a theory could be is that ASO (Tour de France) really don't like Brunyneel because whilst the riders are with him then he is a good bet for the best results without the problems of Positive results. Astana, even after their big problems last year, still want top results but without the problems Biver had with the Astana Team last year. ASO or the UCI are always one step behind Brunyneel so he and Astana get thrown off the Tour de France at half an excuse because ASO can't nail him. It would fit because Rabobank, T-Mobile (High Road) and Cofidis all brought shame on the race last year but it is the new Astana Team that cops the blame.
    Interesting theory.

PS- Boonen positive test theory - Cocaine was used in "Belguim Mix"- a Cocktail of Stimulants/Heroin and Cocaine. To keep riders on the rivet. Not necessarily used in races any more but more for training harder at home. Not saying that was the reason for Boonen's positive test but a possibility.

If any of the above info is incorrect then I'm sorry. (Keeping it Legal!!)

Cheers Jerry

-Jacques Anquetil
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I think that Boonen theory is possible, but I would have thought that a top rider like Boonen could, if he wanted to, afford a far better doping program. Pot belge is nasty, nasty stuff. Personally i think it was probably taken at a party.

How does Brunyneel do it whilst others test positive. Well, Basso, Ullrich and many of Lance's adversaries never tested positive. Fundamentally, getting caught in the Lance years was an indication of carelessness IMO.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • I think he would be easier to take and you might accept the lack of + tests if he wasn't such a smarmy git.

IMO.
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    With all of these conspiracy theories racing around in your head - I bet you are one of these cyclists who does not wave to the rest of us!? If you are becoming this cynical about it all - take up following Premiership football, or do the decorating.
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    Bring back the duckling stool! That will prove it either way once and for all. If he lives its because the PEDs allowed him to hold his breath for long enough, if he dies then he was innocent.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • jerry3571
    Not cynical mate. I've read too many books, magazines and spoke to too many Cyclists. You'll get to see if you hang around long enough.

-Jacques Anquetil
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    I bow down to your seniority and depth of knowledge! lol. Don't suppose the Spanish female came as surprise to you then.

I still enjoy cycling and don't really care if Tom Boonen is shooting himself up with Jizer, after a long week at work - still relaxing to go out for a ride.

Just look on the sport like F1 and driving a car. In comparison, they tend to have little in common - but the research and development will be passed down to the production models. Still a great sport though, which is having a bit of a blip - but will survive.
  • jerry3571
    I got to admit that I went to Paris to see the likes of Contador, Leipheimer, Kloden etc and a bunch of Muppets in suits said that they weren't allowed to race, through some spurious reason and now these Muppets almost own the Vuelta too! They will and up running the joint and God only knows then.
    If Astana were barred from the Tour then Cofidis, Rabobank and T-Mobile (Columbia) should've been barred too. What is it that ASO doesn't like about Bruyneel when his Teams always come out whiter than white? Common sense would have it, that a clean Team, is good for the Tour?
    It's a strange old world these days.

PS- I had a great time with the Mrs at the Paris final; well worth a visit for sure!
    Cheers Jerry

-Jacques Anquetil