My new mountain bike

rayjayjam
rayjayjam Posts: 5
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi,
Thanks to those who replied to my question about what bike to buy. I bought the what mountain bike magazine and liked the review and price on the Scott Aspect 45. After a few phone calls I realised that Long Eaton Cycle Centre were stockists. Our local shop. I spoke to Rob there and bought a Scott Aspect 20. I thought Rob was very helpful and knowledgable. Before all this I went into Leisure Lakes at Breaston ( also local ) and found them too busy to care. If they had spared me a little time I would probably not have gone anywhere else. Fair play to Long Eaton Cycle Centre I say.

Comments

• bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Congrats - got the same bike and loving it [though changed it somewhat in the 3 months i've had it!]
  • Hi,

What sort of changes have you made?

Regards Ray
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Fork - Reba Race
    Crankset - XT
    Tyres - Panny Fire XC Pro
    Seat - Charge spoon
    Pedals - Shim M520 SPD

Sold a load of ebay stuff for more than i expected hence the new bits. Otherwise it would still be stock, is a good bike. The fork is a bit clunky but will get better once you've been out a few times.

Having an issue with the brakes at the mo though, cant seem to get the pads to stop rubbing on my front brake. Have a feelin some Hayes Stroker Trail will be put on her soon!

The upgrade path is very addictive :oops:

20080717_174242.jpg
  • looks nice bells0
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    NS Holy 2009 :D
    Saving for Full Sus...
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Hope you enjoy the bike Ray. Finding a good LBS is excellent too, worth making friends there when it comes to upgrades or getting things fixed.
    bells0 wrote:
    Having an issue with the brakes at the mo though, cant seem to get the pads to stop rubbing on my front brake. Have a feelin some Hayes Stroker Trail will be put on her soon!

FWIW, I've never managed to really get my pads to stop rubbing on my Stroker Trails (only really noticeable in the workshop though) so I wouldn't buy them for that sole purpose. Very happy with them otherwise.
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    very nice :) looks like my bike hehe
  • dunker wrote:
    very nice :) looks like my bike hehe

Dunker, just a quick one whats the Merlin Malt like to ride? i am looking to get the Malt 4.
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    ummm how to describe it, err it's like riding a good light mountain bike? :D