hi im new looking for advice

dannyj
dannyj Posts: 24
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone thought id join a forum see if i can get mor info and advice.

Im dan from northwest ( atherton near bolton) and used be an adrenalin junkie.

I used race motocross and mess around trying little stunts on my bike - was only a barraccuda ghetto but i did a few moderations and thought it was the bees knees

Now Iv become an old man and dont do any of that anymore iv decided to buy a bike to commute aswell as have some play time on.

I want a bike that i can go to and back from work on - 5 miles each way
I also want one that i can trysome of my old tricks on
aswell as some nice rides out/ mountian (rivington) local parks or bmx skateparks

I dont want a cross country bike as in the past iv found these too big for my comfort of riding

Iv looked at a few bikes so far that iv liked the look of but still undecided

* gt tempest 1.0
* north shore central 1
* ns central 2
* ns core 2
* kona stinky
* kona howler
* specialized p2

Im looking to keep my budget under 1000 - so far iv prefered the kona stinky on looks and performance but due to the road riding il be doing the specilized p2 and ns central is second.

Hope to hear all your views and advice on suitable bike

Now im looking for some trails near to me

Comments

• Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    You really need to do some test rides first

Different tyres for the commute can make life easier, but you'll need to decide which the bike is going to be used for the most

Maybe a used roadie and a new MTB is the answer?

Best of both 8)
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • DaNnY77
    DaNnY77 Posts: 16
    the tempest 1.0 is more of a stunt bike than a commuter i waold suggest to get a hardtail with lockout to make it easyer but i would say out of them bikes i would choose the specialized p1 but i dont commute much and do more tricks but as the last guy said you need a few test rides because all of us have different riding styles but i would rather look for one with lockout
    8)