Whizz-Kidz Charity Ride (East Coast Australia)

Jaeger
Jaeger Posts: 439
edited August 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hello all! :)
(Sorry for a repeat post - previously in Beginners - but not much luck there!) :(

I have been cycling for about a year and a half now, but have had to go cold turkey for the last 5 months or so due to the unenviable (*hic*) task of backpacking round the world. 8) Ok, so there are worse things in life, but I've really been missing the freedom of 2 wheels and the open roads.

So anyway, having just travelled up the East Coast of Australia by bus, I had a great time, but realised there's much more to see than just the stops I made. So I thought a great way to see at least part of this vast and amazing country would be to tour by bike. Having decided on a 5-week route of around 2,000km from Cairns to Brisbane (with stops/detours etc), I discussed the idea with various travellers and many suggested that I should ride for charity. So, here I am - riding it for Whizz-Kidz!

As is the case for probably nearly everyone on here, sport and mobility is a big part of my life, so I hope to be able to help raise money for Whizz-Kidz to get children more mobile and living more independently.

It would be good to hear any tips/advice if anyone has toured down this route before (I realise the timescale is fairly generous for such a ride, but with no training in 5 months I'm sure it will provide enough of a challenge!).

Please visit the website below for more info, where you can also donate to help me reach my fundraising target and get more children mobile!

http://www.justgiving.com/bike2brisbane

Many thanks!

Ben :)